Messerschmitt Bf109K-4 - 'Just 265'

This is my take on Bf109K-4 '334265' - discovered un-serviceable at Amberg in April 1945 after being either damaged in combat or strafed on the ground - I guess we'll never know.  The aircraft carried no unit markings and the only identifiers on it were the last three digits of the WNr spray-painted freehand onto the rear of the fuselage.  Typical 'mix n match' late-war colour scheme, which made it a lot of fun to paint.  There seems to be some dispute over the wing camo colours, but I went with a best guess.  The Hasegawa kit, despite being fairly old, went together well.  I used the kit swastika decals, but the rest of the markings (there aren't that many anyway) are Montex masks.  Anyway, hope you like - comments and criticism positively encouraged :) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 36

15 minutes ago, Shorty84 said:

Came out great. I really like these late war Bf 109s, especially the Kurfürst 👍 The Hasegawa kit is still a nice kit and worth building.

Cheers

Markus

Thanks Markus :)   The Montex set also includes masks for another K-4, different scheme, but similarly spray-painted with '700'.  I've got a Fujimi K-4 in the stash, so that will get built sooner or later...

Yes very nice reproduction of the Kurfürst. Maybe, I t could be a little bit more weathered. But sorry that’s my poor pathetic opinion.

hope you don’t mind. Finally it is your model. 🤓

best regards 

Andy 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Yes very nice reproduction of the Kurfürst. Maybe, I t could be a little bit more weathered. But sorry that’s my poor pathetic opinion.

hope you don’t mind. Finally it is your model. 🤓

best regards 

Andy 

Thanks Andy.  I think you're right ;)  The last couple of kits I've gone for 'less is more' - but I think it's actually turned out more like 'less is less'.  The wheels look like they just rolled out of the factory, which I hadn't actually noticed before the pics were taken..

Yes normally less is more, my opinion too. But I think these abandoned planes would harmonize with a little weathering. As you can see on two topics from my Fw-190 and the Heinkel He-162 wich I placed in a small tabletop. 
all the best for your next projects! 
keep healthy

Andy 

• Like 1