1/72 - Saab TF-35 Draken by Skale Wings - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2021 at 8:46 PM, exdraken said:

looks promising!

Well, I'm not too impressed by the pictures. The WDNS nose looks very odd, and the larger Danish belly tanks seem to be off in shape too.

Jens

On 1/12/2021 at 8:46 PM, exdraken said:

looks promising!

Well, I'm not too impressed by the pictures. The WDNS nose looks very odd, and the larger Danish belly tanks seem to be off in shape too.

Jens

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jens said:

Jens

True that, tanks look odd and the nose looks more like an early RF-35 nose. And apart from that, if you look closer you will find plenty of small errors: nose wheel, tail cone, pylons etc etc.

But at least it is a good start, however moulding quality seems to be pretty poor. So the best (although also the most expensive) way to build a TF-35 is still to use the Hasegawa kit and the Maestro SK 35 and F-35 conversions. Or the Hasegawa kit and the (very rare) Heller TF-35 parts. 

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 22/10/2020 at 20:54, haroldk said:

Here is my recent early Danish TF-35 Draken using the Heller kit and plenty of scratch building.

1/72 Danish TF-35 Draken Heller kit 1

1/72 Danish TF-35 Draken Heller kit 2 1/72 Danish TF-35 Draken Heller kit 3 1/72 Danish TF-35 Draken Heller kit 4

Here is the link to some of the photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190745661@N03/with/50518821537/

Cheers, Harold

Nice model from the classic heller kit. I also have one waiting to be bulit, but I really confused about the basic items to be added for a basic Danish trainer.   do you or other members have some draws to confirm pilons, arresting hook sizes and shapes  to upgrade that venerable.

thanks in advance.

cheers 

from central america

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 10:35 AM, Carlos Guate said:

Nice model from the classic heller kit. I also have one waiting to be bulit, but I really confused about the basic items to be added for a basic Danish trainer.   do you or other members have some draws to confirm pilons, arresting hook sizes and shapes  to upgrade that venerable.

thanks in advance.

cheers 

from central america

Hi Carlos,

It has been some time since I built this kit so my memory is fading somewhat as to what I used for information. Much of it was from drawings and I believe I scaled down a Eduard Resin 1/48 scale pylon, that are for the Danish Drakens as I believe they were supposed to all be the same. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-648262-draken-danish-pylons--993875

This site has many good photos of the Danish specific parts. IPMS Nederland - Walk around - Saab J-35 Draken I cannot get the actual URL to load, but follow this by Googling ipms.nl, then go to walkarounds and pick the Saab Draken. In it you will find many good photos of the Danish Drakens.

Cheers, Harold

21 hours ago, haroldk said:

Hi Carlos,

It has been some time since I built this kit so my memory is fading somewhat as to what I used for information. Much of it was from drawings and I believe I scaled down a Eduard Resin 1/48 scale pylon, that are for the Danish Drakens as I believe they were supposed to all be the same. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-648262-draken-danish-pylons--993875

This site has many good photos of the Danish specific parts. IPMS Nederland - Walk around - Saab J-35 Draken I cannot get the actual URL to load, but follow this by Googling ipms.nl, then go to walkarounds and pick the Saab Draken. In it you will find many good photos of the Danish Drakens.

Cheers, Harold

Thanks for your info, I will be checking. Regarding Draken trainer version I began to build the SK35C based on the heller kit; looks easy to downgrade the ancient heller kit.  Next will be the danish version.

proccess photos soon on this great forum.

regards.

Carlos