A change in pace. Tamiya M10 GMC.

Longbow

9 minutes ago, Longbow said:

I was able to locate just 1 picture of the engine hatch adaptor, for the M10.

This should not take long to fabricate, and should be much easier than the rear trunk.

I had a good look through the factory manuals i have for the M10 and M36 and found very little on the deep wading and waterproofing....must have been a separate manual......the Sherman manuals i have though go into the full procedures for deep wading ....i can't imagine there would be too much difference between them ....... i'm just trying to work out how to copy an image from a PDF file and i'll post the reference

• Like 1

Just now, M3talpig said:

I had a good look through the factory manuals i have for the M10 and M36 and found very little on the deep wading and waterproofing....must have been a separate manual......the Sherman manuals i have though go into the full procedures for deep wading ....i can't imagine there would be too much difference between them ....... i'm just trying to work out how to copy an image from a PDF file and i'll post the reference

Well, Thanks for looking Steve !!

I found lots on the Sherman, even the British wading trunks for the Sherman V,  and it seems as though every one was different in attachment. 

Great work, I've said it before but it's worth repeating, I do like the reference material to go with your builds.

Super scratch work too btw, even without the elusive straight edge!

Darryl 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Great work, I've said it before but it's worth repeating, I do like the reference material to go with your builds.

Super scratch work too btw, even without the elusive straight edge!

Darryl 

Thank you Darryl. 
I think I may invest in a small guillotine, if I’m going to keep up with scratching stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

I think I may invest in a small guillotine, if I’m going to keep up with scratching stuff. 

Strewth mate, its not that bad, this is supposed to be a relaxing past time.... 

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Strewth mate, its not that bad, this is supposed to be a relaxing past time.... 

Some people take things so seriously don't they Darryl :D

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

The good thing about phone cameras, is that we can now do a bit, take a pic, and spot any mistakes

OI wana race to the finish....... bet my tigers faster than your wolverine :cwl: ....no actually forget that i need some sleep at some point...on a serious note really nice work on the wading kit it's coming together really well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, M3talpig said:

Some people take things so seriously don't they Darryl :D

OI wana race to the finish....... bet my tigers faster than your wolverine :cwl: ....no actually forget that i need some sleep at some point...on a serious note really nice work on the wading kit it's coming together really well. 

It’s exhausting me.... 

I may have to nap..... ;)

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

The good thing about phone cameras, is that we can now do a bit, take a pic, and spot any mistakes :D

Last thing I need is extra magnification to spot "issues", I can see enough on my work with the Mk1 eyeball....

I hope you two are going to play nicely, or at least fair. And Steve, up at 3.30am (ish) just to get head start......and playing on the BM at the same time....

Almost forgot with the shenanigans, great job scratch building the trunk!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

That trunking does look the business. Great scratch building.

John.

Thanks, John !! It's not 100% accurate, but for my purposes, it looks the part, and should do well once fully detailed and painted.

I'm hoping to get some "Paint on Plastic"at some point with this lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Well, I think that bits done. 
Over the hump now

Fantastic bit of scratch there lee looking very tidy indeed.....meant to ask do you have a particular vehicle in mind?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Fantastic bit of scratch there lee looking very tidy indeed.....meant to ask do you have a particular vehicle in mind?

Well, I’m pretty sure it’s going to have to be the one in St. Lo. 
I’d wanted to do one after the Rhine crossing, but could find no pix of any in Germany with trunks on. 

This one is in St. Lo. 

spacer.png

• Like 3