Help with name of a model shop

gareth

I've been stuck all morning trying to remember the name of model shop in the south of England, and it would be great if someone could remind me of its name.

I remember that there used to be a model shop on the south coast I think, who had a three letter name beginning with L. They also used to advertise in MAI, and I can remember them stocking Eduard kits, but I cannot remember the name.

Can anyone help ?

Edited by gareth
Posted early by accident

1 minute ago, gareth said:

I've been stuck all morning trying to remember the name of model shop in the south of England

You might need to narrow it down a bit - that's a pretty LARGE area :shrug:

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

You might need to narrow it down a bit - that's a pretty LARGE area :shrug:

My fat fingers pressed post before I added the second paragraph. Hopefully the second paragraph narrows it down a bit..

• 3 months later...
On 09/09/2020 at 00:28, gareth said:

Thanks for all your help. It was LSA I was thinking of, and it makes sense why I couldn't find any trace of it online. Shame to see another shop has shut.

It was because people couldn't remember the name :whistle:

Who would have thought shops the size of Beatties would disappear ?

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

On 25/12/2020 at 00:20, JOCKNEY said:

Cheers Pat 

Yeah. Beatties... they were the first port of call on trips to Nottingham in the 80s.

Tamiya-tastic.

And there was ANOTHER model shop almost opposite. Another one about 20 mins walk away.And a wargame supplier that was closer.

And record shops.

Happy days out.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, Big Dave S said:

And there was ANOTHER model shop almost opposite. Another one about 20 mins walk away.And a wargame supplier that was closer.

It wasn't a specific model shop opposite Beatties, IIRC it was a toy shop called Skills that happened to have a really good model section, this closed I think in '89, still have some kits in the stash that I picked up in the closing down sale at 50% off.

They had another branch in the Broad Marsh centre which stayed open for a good few years afterwards which eventually became a Modelzone store.

The other one 20 minutes away was probably Gee-Dee models which closed a couple of years ago...

IanJ 

11 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

It wasn't a specific model shop opposite Beatties, IIRC it was a toy shop called Skills that happened to have a really good model section, this closed I think in '89, still have some kits in the stash that I picked up in the closing down sale at 50% off.

They had another branch in the Broad Marsh centre which stayed open for a good few years afterwards which eventually became a Modelzone store.

The other one 20 minutes away was probably Gee-Dee models which closed a couple of years ago...

IanJ 

Yes! Skills, and Gee Dee sounds familiar. Didn't know about the one in the Broadmarsh though. 

Probably just as well. ££££££

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 12:20 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Cheers Pat 

LSA stood for Land,Ship,Air.....sadly missed, but not by my wallet.

• Haha 1