Dover - 303'Polish' squadron, September 1940

Nils

Here a picture I just finished today, a 303sqn Hurricane hitting a Me110 over Dover during the Battle of Britain.. 80 years ago now.

The Hurrican was piloted by F/O Cebrzynski when it was lost 27 September, in a dogfight..

PS! My scene is pure fiction..

Dover

Edited by Nils
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nice picture but I’m afraid you have the wrong date, and, depending upon how you see it, the wrong machine or wrong man. The date is the 11th September, 303 Squadron did not take part in any operations on the 12th.

According to the flight’s aircraft movement documents held at the Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum in London, Cebrzyński was flying V6667/RF-K and Brzezowski V6665/RF-J. V6667 does appear in the records after 11th and the letter K was not used on any other Hurricanes after that day. V6665 continued to be used on operations until the end of September. 15th, 17th September Kent, 18th Henneberg, 26th, 27th Andruszków. Thus proving it is the flight records that are correct and the the ORB in error.

Thanks guys,

@ JohnT, I'm deeply honoured :)

303sqn, thanks for your enlightening :) upon studying my information V6665 coded RF-J, was shot down on the 27 September, Sgt Andruszkow was killed in the incident.

I was mislead from the info given on this site: http://www.polishsquadronsremembered.com/303/303_story.html

Edited by Nils

Zumbach saw his Hurricane pass in front of him with the starboard wing on fire, being chased by a Bf 109. Zumbach shot the 109 down and then was in turn attacked by another 109. Andruszków's Hurricane crashed at Holywych Farm, Cowden. Andruszków had been shot through the chest and had a head wound from a cannon shell. On 30th September N2661 became the new 'J' . 

Edited by 303sqn