new decals - Canadian Air Force 100 Years

Scott Hemsley

Moderators:  If this isn't in the appropriate place, feel free to move it.  While I have no modelling interest in this time period, I thought that those that have might be interested in these forthcoming decal sheets, given the subject matter.

I was looking through some of my bookmarked modelling sites the other day and decided to check out the Leading Edge Decal  site to see what was new and found an announcement of two upcoming sheets for the 100th Anniversary of the Canadian Air Force, that might be of interest to those with a WW1/Interwar interest.  I guess, technically, this could be also on the WW1 pages as the Canadian Air Force (overseas) was formed in London, England in Sept. 19, 1918, but it continued until disbanded August 9, 1920.  The 2 sheets shown on his site cover multiple examples of the Royal Aircraft Factory SE.5a as well as the Sopwith Camel and F2B Bristol Fighter. 

Although no scales have been specifically announced for these sheets, Leading Edge eventually issues their sheets in each of the three major scales … 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32., assuming kits exist or existed, in that scale.

Disclaimer:  I've nothing to do with LED … only like their decal sheets.

Scott

• Thanks 1

Scott, LEM has had those images up on his website for awhile now.  I like my Canadian subjects as well, but considering that LEM used to release some pretty cool decals, these are pretty ho-hum and boring, nothing of any real excitement, IMHO.

Considering the material Dave is sitting on, he could do so much better.  His releases are few and so very far in between, I do not know why he even bothers.  With the exception of Aviaeology (who also has his releases few and far between), Dave is pretty much the last guy out there doing markings for Canadian subjects.  He could really have a niche market and corner it instead he keeps selling old, excess stock on eBay and doesn't release anything of real interest or at least something that would have a much wider appeal.  Once these two decals come out, I am sure it won't be long before his cries how people don't support him and "why do I even bother" flow from him.

I tell ya, if I had the reference materials, resources, tools and skills that a guy like Dave (LEM) has, I would be doing a heck of a lot more than he has been doing.