SAS Landrover

Not strictly armour, but this is the 1/35 SAS Landrover from Accurate Armour.  Made out of the box except for the 2 M4s, also from AA.  It was the usual curates egg from AA, missing and broken pieces in the box and mis-leading instructions, but still making up into a lovely looking model.  I couldn't get the engine to fit so I left it out which was a shame, also I struggled to fit the wings and radiator square, but that gets lost under so much baggage.

Thanks for looking and all constructive criticism great fully received.

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2

On 9/15/2020 at 8:01 AM, viper-30 said:

Nice build mate .. I’ve five of these bad boys waiting in the stash .. already built one as a presentation piece..

spacer.pngspacer.png

You’re a glutton for punishment, is each one going to be different?

Must admit I never thought of spraying it in pewter!

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 5:34 PM, sanfrandragon said:

Not strictly armour, but this is the 1/35 SAS Landrover from Accurate Armour.  Made out of the box except for the 2 M4s, also from AA.  It was the usual curates egg from AA, missing and broken pieces in the box and mis-leading instructions, but still making up into a lovely looking model.  I couldn't get the engine to fit so I left it out which was a shame, also I struggled to fit the wings and radiator square, but that gets lost under so much baggage.

Thanks for looking and all constructive criticism great fully received.

I have been to the Land Rover Owner International Show in Peterborough back in Sept 2018, and saw something like that on display. A Land Rover, not looking the same as your model, but something like that. And I have to say that...

Your models kit does look good, it does feel like it is what it would look like. You've even done well with the spare wheel on the engine hood, by painting it, as the one I saw does show the spare wheel covered up with netting. 

It is really good and well done job.

• Thanks 1