23 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Keep watching, Ben, I'll be detailing the engine next.

There's another build in the wings which will (surprisingly) need lots of extra bits too!

I'd be lost without the bits boxes!

I've got another box slowly filling up with bits for you. Be a while yet before it's ready though

• Thanks 1

It's Monday, so time for an update. You may have to take notes. I hope your pencils are sharp.

AhzBtbu.jpg

Here's an aftershave bottle top and a bit of SR-71 covered in greeblies and masquerading as an engine.

7KE0QHP.jpg

And this is the underside of it. Most of the engine can't be seen once installed, but hey...

4rgfOog.jpg

And now it's had paint thrown at it. It locates to the rear bulkhead via that sticky out bit on the right. Technical innit?

fvCxgBm.jpg

The business end. That's a 1/24th racing car wheel in there. Or rather, it was.

n4WTTRU.jpg

A bit of wire or two, and odd bits added to the engine bay. Mostly invisible once the engine is in there.

z02qyYg.jpg

Lucky for you I can't remember who voted for lozenge camouflage. Lucky for me, a very nice man @gcn sent me some Wing Nut Wings decals. 

Also seen here, the Anti Grav units are painted extra dark sea grey. Sensors are green. Panel lines have been weathered.

rmfOQEt.jpg

And the top surface. I've applied it as a wrap. Why would they waste time with paint? It's 800 years in the future!

The decals just laughed at Humbrol decal soft so I used the Revell hard stuff. That worked but compound curves meant subtle cuts.

z2hYqAc.jpg

Satellite image. It does seem to work in breaking up the outline. I may add more here and there.

I need to do walkways on the wing stubs. Probably tomorrow as I'm back on Flexible Furlough, 'cos the pubs don't want beer delivering.

Therefore, this one should get finished sooner than I thought. Thanks for looking in, and keep the comments coming.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 10

Thanks @Will Vale. I do have the Hasegawa Falke, and other Kreiger kits, but I seem to have the scratchbuilding bug.

I think that I would find following instructions to be boring nowadays. I see the shapes in the spares boxes and I'm away!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

I think iif you used them all over it would be too much.

I was of the same opinion, Gary. I spent a happy few hours today searching through the decal spares boxes and applying what I found.

The result has certainly brightened things up, and has given the model an identity. I always feel they come to life at this stage.

That can all dry over night and I'll slap on a coat of clear stuff tomorrow.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...