Jagdtiger 331

M3talpig

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Even with a hurty thumb that’s some outstanding work :thumbsup:

Thanks bud ..and yes it does hurt

12 minutes ago, Hamden said:

That is looking really nice liking your attention to detail 

Thanks Roger ...nearly there now not much more to go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Seriously do you think i should pull the pic...i didn't post it to be nasty i posted as a sort of warning to pay attention when handling sharp things...don't want to annoy anybody ...i will gladly pull the pic it's not a problem

Hi bud, just had to take the Mrs out (by that I mean, out as in outside not out as in through the cross hairs btw) i guess you decided to literally pull your thumb out!

Probably/poss for the best but we all appreciated it!

We all know it wasn't posted as a nasty and in the same position, I'm sure anyone would have done it..

Just glad you hadn't sat upon a rusty nail....

Your JT is really smashing,  looking forward to seeing it finished....

Just wondering, if thats the base....The Claret stain.... ( too soon?)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi bud, just had to take the Mrs out

Well it did cross my mind that you might have shot her.....seemed a bit extreme but i have had those thought myself....so nobody would blame you.......apart from her family

We all know it wasn't posted as a nasty and in the same position, I'm sure anyone would have done it..

It didn't cross my mind when i posted .....but then when you mentioned it then hit me that it might not be all adults that view these threads so i got the mods to remove it......don't want the younger generation blaming me for PTSD from my manky digit

Just glad you hadn't sat upon a rusty nail....

Oh now come on that would have been a class post...... can you imagine :sick: :giggle:

Just wondering, if thats the base....The Claret stain.... ( too soon?)

it does ...how did you see that ....there is a big claret stain right under the YT ...i was shaving the side of the base when i slipped there was claret all over the place....thank god i had the presence of mind to keep my hand away from the model

Edited by M3talpig
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Well it did cross my mind that you might have shot her.....seemed a bit extreme but i have had those thought myself....so nobody would blame you.......apart from her family

Bit harsh!

Certainly free up more bench time....🤔

2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Oh now come on that would have been a class post...... can you imagine :sick: :giggle:

Jeeze mate for the love of God......

No one needs that image, I'm retching with just the thought!

How is anyone supposed to sleep after that, bit like watching a horror film late at night....

• Haha 2

Small update ....so close to finished i can taste it....... gun cleaning rods done just the brackets to finish on them ......ground work is done and things like the tarps have been made but need to set before i can paint them. I can't recommend this putty enough it's the mutz nutz for tarps and for sculpting your own kit bags and other soft equipment.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Modelling-Stuff-Hobby-Sculpt-Kneadatite-Blue-Yellow-36-inches-Makes-Green-Putty/390938693328?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 8

I have a lot to learn where armour builds are concerned but I can recognise quality work when I see it and boy your work is truly superb what a beauty. Hat's off to you sir very inspirational indeed 👏 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I have a lot to learn where armour builds are concerned but I can recognise quality work when I see it and boy your work is truly superb what a beauty. Hat's off to you sir very inspirational indeed 👏 

Thanks so much Andy very kind words..... and nice to hear my work inspires you. :thanks:

5 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Thanks so much Andy very kind words..... and nice to hear my work inspires you. :thanks:

your welcome infact why I'm waiting for my first armour kit to arrive I've been looking through the different sections on here and the quality of the work on show is excellent. I must admit I'm quite excited at the prospect of trying something different, onwards and upwards methinks 🙂👍

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Andy J said:

your welcome infact why I'm waiting for my first armour kit to arrive I've been looking through the different sections on here and the quality of the work on show is excellent. I must admit I'm quite excited at the prospect of trying something different, onwards and upwards methinks 🙂👍

What is your normal bent when putting tools to plastic ....armour is a lot of fun and you can make some fairly horrible mistakes and still end up with something stunning.....what have you got coming Andy....and don't forget to start a build thread

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Can't believe I just googled this then I actually read it correctly

Dogs danglies...only far more educated version ........ class act all the way Dan as always:D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

What is your normal bent when putting tools to plastic ....armour is a lot of fun and you can make some fairly horrible mistakes and still end up with something stunning.....what have you got coming Andy....and don't forget to start a build thread

For quite a while now I've been building 1/24 car kits but I need a new focus. This is the kit I have ordered infact it should land tomorrow and I've also got a paint set on it's way. Hopefully the paint is a good choice it certainly looks like a decent set 🤔

spacer.png

spacer.png

As for the build thread well I  wasn't sure tbh but to hell with it, why not I'm pretty sure i will be asking for advice along the way and if nothing else you can all have a giggle at me fannying around with bits of plastic 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andy J said:

As for the build thread well I  wasn't sure tbh but to hell with it, why not I'm pretty sure i will be asking for advice along the way and if nothing else you can all have a giggle at me fannying around with bits of plastic 🙂

Two excellent choices...please do a thread tag me and i will follow along...can't wait to see what you do with it...as for the paint you couldn't have chosen better Mig and AK are the benchmark for armour paint

Edited by M3talpig

Superb job, Steve !! Just superb !!

19 minutes ago, Andy J said:

For quite a while now I've been building 1/24 car kits but I need a new focus. This is the kit I have ordered infact it should land tomorrow and I've also got a paint set on it's way. Hopefully the paint is a good choice it certainly looks like a decent set 🤔

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wonderful choice in kits !! 

And yes, start a build thread, that way if you need help with something the guys here can easily help you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

For Gods sake mate don't encourage him,  he's a megalomaniac at the best of times 

last thing we need is "The Big I Am" getting over excited again!!

After that cautionary note, great choice of a kit, and remarkable value at the moment !

No doubt you'll enjoy it...

Atb

Darryl 

• Haha 3

Looking fairly good now fella! :whistle:

Do like the displaced ranging poles, could have even done those red and white mind....

Don't need to tell me the virtues of green stuff these days btw!

Preaching to the converted!

Aren't you concerned what you might do with yourself if you get it finished too soon, what with the Panther GB not starting till 10/10???

Just saying...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Two excellent choices...please do a thread tag me and i will follow along...can't wait to see what you do with it...as for the paint you couldn't have chosen better Mig and AK are the benchmark for armour paint

I certainly will be doing a build thread but I have no idea what ' tag me " means ? 🤔

• Like 1

Just now, Andy J said:

I certainly will be doing a build thread but I have no idea what ' tag me " means ? 🤔

See, see me me me.....

Give him an inch and all that!

I'd assume he means he'll follow along...I'm beginning to sound like the "BIA" pa!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

..I'm beginning to sound like the "BIA" pa!

Here we go again 🙄 I have no idea what this means unless BIAPA is a new striker at Chelsea maybe 🤔

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Here we go again 🙄 I have no idea what this means unless BIAPA is a new striker at Chelsea maybe 🤔

Apologies,  BIA (Big I Am) young Steve as I've just christened him and PA is a PA.

Striker isn't that a modern  Canadian AFV...

2 minutes ago, Longbow said:

I thought BIPA was an Indian Pale Ale...

Shows how much I know :D

One is rather fond of an IPA.... now theres a thought for the evening... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2