Jagdtiger 331

M3talpig

24 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I must say this is looking suspiciously like progress Steve!

Thanks Darryl

24 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Does it get a base too?

Yes it will but it won't be diorama as when i finished the Orphan of Cologne i realised i had nowhere to put it ....so it got broken up....now i make small bases with just a little ground work with a figure or two just to add scale and so the main feature is the vehicle.

I have a Panzerart figure for this which is almost done .....and not wired to a piece of wood :D

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, M3talpig said:

Thanks Darryl

Yes it will but it won't be diorama as when i finished the Orphan of Cologne i realised i had nowhere to put it ....so it got broken up....now i make small bases with just a little ground work with a figure or two just to add scale and so the main feature is the vehicle.

I have a Panzerart figure for this which is almost done .....and not wired to a piece of wood :D

Ohhhh !!!!

I felt the “Burn” !! :D

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Thanks Darryl

Yes it will but it won't be diorama as when i finished the Orphan of Cologne i realised i had nowhere to put it ....so it got broken up....

And after all that time get the wallpaper aligned too....

I know what you mean about room though...

The best one I did, and there ain't much competition, was just on a small off cut from a tree branch, 1 vehicle, 1 figure, and job done👍

4 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Now, who would pull a crazy stunt like that..... some people, no shame! 🤔

• Haha 2

Well that's what happens when your not paying attention....slipped while shaping the base for the jagd ......so i can confirm that stanley still make very sharp blades indeed.....can also confirm the tip of my thumb will never look the same again.:cwl:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Well that's what happens when your not paying attention....slipped while shaping the base for the jagd ......so i can confirm that stanley still make very sharp blades indeed.....can also confirm the tip of my thumb will never look the same again.:cwl:

Oh !!  Can’t like that post !!

Stitches, or duct tape ? ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Longbow said:

Stitches, or duct tape ? ;)

your joking .... but i hate hospitals so gause and duct tape...bit of a pain ...everytime i took the rag away there was so much stuffing comin out of me it was hard to get the duct tape to stick....... wife has just gone out to get some big fabric plasters cause i won't go to the peeps in white coats.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

your joking .... but i hate hospitals so gause and duct tape...bit of a pain ...everytime i took the rag away there was so much stuffing comin out of me it was hard to get the duct tape to stick....... wife has just gone out to get some big fabric plasters cause i won't go to the peeps in white coats.

CA glue mate, that’s what it was designed for :hmmm: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Oh !!  Can’t like that post

I did! 

Sorry bud... 

49 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

The mans right, no doubt you know that already!

Saying that I did something similar on a broken glass whilst washing up a few years ago, couldn't quite bring myself to squirt the CA in there....

However next time you have a nose bleed ca straight up the snozzer, or a tourniquet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

That did spring to mind but the only stuff i've got is the black coloured stuff and i wasn't sure what was in it so thought that might not be a good idea..had i had some clear stuff i would have

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

You show gratuitous pics like this yet I've been censored before now for using the correct term for a type of a donkey!

I hope this doesn't lead to a spate of copy cat wound pics!!!

Some of us are of a sensitive disposition, perhaps put a warning up first!🤢

At least the injury doesn't look to bad and it's nice and clean!😉

Seriously do you think i should pull the pic...i didn't post it to be nasty i posted as a sort of warning to pay attention when handling sharp things...don't want to annoy anybody ...i will gladly pull the pic it's not a problem

• Like 1

Work has continued ...the base is under way as other parts dry or are in the process of being worked on....the track links have been added as have the tow cable which i tried my best to route the same as the pic of the real vehicle....the base is going to be beyond simple, just the surrounding rubble and the tarps and other bit and bobs that were found around the vehicle at the time the U.S decided to take it away....and two U.S infantry for scale...which i have yet to buy.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 8

I've just hidden the pictures of OP's gross thumb for the benefit of those with a delicate constitution, at his request after realising he could have put someone off their food.  No harm done.... mostly :lol:

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

I've just hidden the pictures of OP's gross thumb for the benefit of those with a delicate constitution, at his request after realising he could have put someone off their food.  No harm done.... mostly :lol:

Thanks so much Mike and so sorry to have bothered you:thanks:

• Haha 1