Jagdtiger 331

M3talpig

So this will be my new project thread...what i would like from you guys is input on which one you would like me to do next.

Pick one and drop a comment and it will be done......

spacer.png

Have a great day my friends.

Steve

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Given my bias against most German stuff, I'd say that one that's not in the picture........any Sherman

Unfortunately John i only have 8-10 kits at any one time...and of those kits i only have an M18 and i won't be doing that until i can get decent photos of the interior and breech for the gun......must admit the more reading i did for the Orphan the more i wanted to do other Shermans......i still need to do more research on the kits though as some of the kits available are just plain wrong (yes tamiya im lookin at you) Some recommendations on sherman kits is always welcome.

10 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Some recommendations on sherman kits is always welcome.

Oh, now you've opened a can of worms. I suppose that it depends to a certain degree on the mark/model that you had in mind. Many kits have problems such as Tamiya's M4 has an M4A4 glacis. It also has locating points for the VVSS units 1.5mm higher on one side than the other. Anything based on an M4A4 by Dragon (including the M-50) has a slightly too short lower hull. Of all the Shermans that I have built, Tasca's M4A1 (Sherman ll) is by far and away the best. You can even get away with using the kit's headlamp brush guards as they are moulded so thin.

So all in all, I would say anything by Tasca or the later offerings from Tamiya, such as the M4A3E8 and IDF M-51.

HTHs.

John.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Oh, now you've opened a can of worms.

oh yes indeedy

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I suppose that it depends to a certain degree on the mark/model that you had in mind.

Well the plan is as follows...PTO Sherman , early M4A1 75mm ETO and late stage war HVSS 76mm a 105mm howitzer and last an M4A3 VVSS...think that covers the wishlist on Sherman's.  OOHH almost forgot ..a kangaroo and M32 recovery....yep that's it i think :D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SimonT said:

I vote for the Jagdtiger.

Then you can do the Panther over at the dark side (Group Builds) here:

Interesting Simon ....always forget about the group build section......will look into it...and thank you.

Snap!

Just checked, I've the same Panther complete with DW zimmerit kit so give it a go highlight the pitfalls and I can be forewarned!

Hang on,  you aren't one of these charlatans that only show edited highlights of a build? 

Got to watch out for them, they'll try and suggest people get bored by a "protracted build"!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

Snap!

Just checked, I've the same Panther complete with DW zimmerit kit so give it a go highlight the pitfalls and I can be forewarned!

Hang on,  you aren't one of these charlatans that only show edited highlights of a build? 

Got to watch out for them, they'll try and suggest people get bored by a "protracted build"!

Gonna leave it down to you guys ...but whatever the result i will be starting in the morning ...and just for you it will be a full thread with all parts covered and the painting weathering and list of materials used.......there now happy:like:

2 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Gonna leave it down to you guys ...but whatever the result i will be starting in the morning ...and just for you it will be a full thread with all parts covered and the painting weathering and list of materials used.......there now happy:like:

Your to kind m'lord.... thou dost spoil us!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

So, you’re doing a “Real” work in progress then ?  :D

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Longbow said:

So, you’re doing a “Real” work in progress then ?  :D

Now your not going to be a troublemaker are you .......i get enough of that from Darryl :D....... 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Now your not going to be a troublemaker are you .......i get enough of that from Darryl :D....... 

Indeed it is also interesting to see what kind of trouble is inside the box, how to address it and to get to know if others had the same thing, or if it was just me. As I recently pointed out in my Tiger thread with the interior part of the dragon kit.

1 hour ago, Soeren said:

Indeed it is also interesting to see what kind of trouble is inside the box, how to address it and to get to know if others had the same thing, or if it was just me. As I recently pointed out in my Tiger thread with the interior part of the dragon kit.

Are there expected problems with the Das Werk/Takom/Border Models/EtAl Panther ?

• Like 1