Airfix 1/48 109F old tooling.***Finished****

Evening folk's,as expected I couldn't resist an aircraft build for this one so as promised in a recent chat post I'm building my second old tool 109F of the year,built

one a few months ago for the Kit you built as a kid GB and it was great fun so a desert schemed one for this outing.it's the same boxing as my last one.

20200427_162149

And despite its age still builds well.

20200508_132840

I have a set of decals in the spares which I believe are for one of Marseille's aircraft too.

• Like 11

Nice choice, I think I may of said the kit I built as a kid? This was my first ever 1/48 kit, looking forward to seeing her in a desert scheme.

• Like 1

Good one Steve,

The F model always looks good in desert colours. 

I may do my old tool Spitfire Vb in desert air force markings if I have time after the Macchi's 😀

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

this will be good!

These 1/48 Airfix kits were darn good, and still are. Shame they discontinued this series when they did.

So it will be Marseille? Not a bad choice at all.

Have fun!

JR

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jean said:

These 1/48 Airfix kits were darn good, and still are. Shame they discontinued this series when they did

Agree Jean,with new tool Spitfire's 109's and stuka's we'll probably not see any further releases of these kit's.

20 hours ago, jean said:

These 1/48 Airfix kits were darn good, and still are.

Totally agree!

I have a particular fondness for this Friedrich...having been seduced into buying a number of them over the years, by that glorious JG54 paint scheme on the box.

Looking forward to seeing it in something more 'tropical.'

• Like 1

That escalated quickly indeed, nice clean frame and if it turns out like your previous 109 this will be a great effort...Marseille as well, I liked reading about his exploits 

• Like 1

Evening folk's,bit more progress over the last day or two.undersides painted and a few passes with a slightly darker shade to break up the colour.

painted the u/c and wells in my mix of the RLM shade.

20200915_194918

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

That is a classic paint scheme, very nicely done. And fast too!

Regards,

Adrian

Many thank's Adrian,I wouldn't mind building another one at some time and seeing how  re-scribing the panel lines looks.

• Like 2

Afternoon folk's that's number one finished it was as much fun as I thought it would be and interesting with no panel lines to drop a wash into trying to

break up the monotone finish bodes well for the Spitfire to come.

20200926_134214

• Like 9