Encore A-37B, 8th Special Ops Sq., Bien Hoa, '71...1/72nd scale...

John Masters

I moved form America about 10 years ago and I am pretty sure I bought this there...so that might have been a few years before that...It's been in the stash for a while.  Not as much as some Roden WW1 kits, but close!  Time I built it!  I'll save the other kit for the next time we do a 'School of the Americas' GB...😉  

50312267752_9e205378ac_c_d.jpg

There are three choices...the Air National Guard from Pennsylvania in '87; The Dominican Republic in 2000 or Bien Hoa 1971.

50311427078_65fae4b7e4_k_d.jpg

I'll show more later...

--John

• Like 7

welcome along with one of these wee beauties!

She's an aircraft I've always like ever since I saw the model my father built many years ago (he old Hasegawa one).

She looks to be a nice model and you have and there's 2 in the box.....it's ok no WWEMD! :D

Good luck with her, I look forward to following the progress on this wee bird.

Oh a Caribbean GB!!!!! :thumbsup: now that would be fun, I'm sure I could build a 1:1 model of a Rum bottle.....empty of course! :D

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Oh a Caribbean GB!!!!! :thumbsup: now that would be fun, I'm sure I could build a 1:1 model of a Rum bottle.....empty of course! :D

That's a great STKB idea. A get blitzed build.

But seriously, a Caribbean build, or even a broader Latin-American build would be terrific!

• Like 1

Here are the required sprue shots...I kist remember to remove the time stamp from the blitzbuild!

50320163262_ecb9f8cfdd_c_d.jpg

50320163327_7c04206967_c_d.jpg

DEcals and two bags of resin parts...no label.  They consist of cockpit parts and bombs.  I think these came with the Squadron Products rebox.  I don't rememder ordering them and there are no labels...so I deduce...

I will be using those on the bottom...

50319990511_1cc8f2a6a6_c_d.jpg

I'll get into the cockpit this evening.

--John

• Like 2

A few minutes before I have torun out and meet some friends for a coffee...

I have removed the very nice resin replacements for the cockpit tub, seats, IP, dash...

50320191826_f721c511db_c_d.jpg

I have measured out 5g of lead...

50320363727_81f974d14a_c_d.jpg

Later I'll start priming.

--John

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SoftScience said:

Those seats look great

Thank you SoftScience...One note is that they are not the seats that come with the sprue.  They're a set of resin upgrades that came with the Squadron Hobby double-kit boxing.  Of this I am pretty sure since there are no tags or manufacturers marks on the bags and there are two sets of everything.

11 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Looks like a nicely stocked shop John

It is.  All the current stuff at fair prices.  They are also extremely helpful.  They are very knowledgeable about technical airbrush issues, etc...Right next door is another shop that has al the Airfix stuff as well as Evergreen stock and more airbrushing gear.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Masters said:

It is.  All the current stuff at fair prices.  They are also extremely helpful.  They are very knowledgeable about technical airbrush issues, etc...Right next door is another shop that has al the Airfix stuff as well as Evergreen stock and more airbrushing gear.  

Im jealous... Nothing like that here anywhere in Chicagoland at all.