Rad2474

Rad2474

Hi just introducing myself I'm Paul from Co.Durham. Been lurking around for a little while and scale modelling is something i've wanted to get into for a long time but don't think i'll ever get near the standard of the stuff on here.

2 hours ago, Rad2474 said:

Hi just introducing myself I'm Paul from Co.Durham. Been lurking around for a little while and scale modelling is something i've wanted to get into for a long time but don't think i'll ever get near the standard of the stuff on here.

1 hour ago, 1stgolf said:

Hello from another newbie. And I know what you mean about the standard of work on here I’ll never be close either  😆

Welcome both of you to the forum. I've been doing scales models for {hate to say it} more than 50 plus years. I have learned and will continue to learn from other modellers. This is the finest forum I've ever joined. So PLEASE do not sell your selves short. Do you best and don't expect to be museum quality out of the gate. I've learned to build for ones-self and not to the rest.

I do mostly 1/48th scale aircraft but am not limited to only that scale.

Tons of information and help, just for the asking. So again to both of you welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your works.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Welcome to the forum. I've been coming here for many years now. In that time, I haven't built one kit. Well, actually, it is just one kit, but I haven't finished it yet. I'm at the painting stage and learning to use my airbrush. If/when it's ever completed, I know for sure it won't compare well to the masterpieces many of our members turn out, but I'll post it here anyway. 

Please do the same with your builds. Ask question and you will get prompt and knowledgeable answers.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Hello Rad2474...:post1: from the windy city by the lake Chicago USA. Don't worry about standards here, build them to make yourself happy not the Forum. Don't try to do every trick/technique on your first build either, you’ll wind up frustrated and possibly walk away in the end. Try something new with each build soon your skills and arsenal of tricks will build up. Start with some basic kits nothing that costs £200 then you dont have the pressure of not wanting to mess it up. And of course ask for info/help we’re all quite happy to help. Maybe even start a work in progress in the preferred category. People will stop by and offer ideas and tips all the time. 

Dennis

Oh if you want to get someones attention add an @ symbol in front of there screen name line this. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2020 at 12:34 PM, Rad2474 said:

Welcome Paul!!!! It’s never too late to start! ;)

Martin

• Thanks 1