Interwar roundels: suitable for WW1 aircraft?

Seahawk

1 hour ago, Dave Swindell said:

Both Blue Rider and Pegasus have done RFC and RNAS roundels. Freightdog has the Pegasus stuff now, but they're not on their website @Colin @ Freightdog Models?

Thanks.  Try getting hold of either though.  I was so desperate I even bought copies of the old Almark and Esoteric WW1 sheets but they're not up to modern standards.  I've even bought sheets from Airfix for the R.E.8 and Bristol Fighter (which in the Red Box era are rather nicely done) but that gets expensive very quickly.   Seems to me that the aftermarket industry is so bedazzled by the Wingnut Wings 1/32 stuff that the poor old 1/72 WW1 modeller gets completely ignored.

Edited by Seahawk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Thanks.  Try getting hold of either though.  I was so desperate I even bought copies of the old Almark and Esoteric WW1 sheets but they're not up to modern standards.  I've even bought sheets from Airfix for the R.E.8 and Bristol Fighter (which in the Red Box era are rather nicely done) but that gets expensive very quickly.   Seems to me that the aftermarket industry is so bedazzled by the Wingnut Wings 1/32 stuff that the poor old 1/72 WW1 modeller gets completely ignored.

Easy for some, they're in a shoebox in the office, but I know what you mean, thats why I tagged Colin, he may have plans to reprint them at some point.  I wouldn't say completely ignored, Airfix RAF BE2c & Fokker III, 

Avis M1C, KP Sopwith Triplane and Sopwith scooter are all fairly recent, but new kits are thin on the ground.

Oh, the range of kits available will keep me happy for a long time (although a new R.E.8 and a B.E.2e would be nice).  It's aftermarket transfers to replace the notorious Roden ones and those on aged Airfix Pups and D.H.4s.  The frustrating thing is that I can see that some really good stuff has been done over the years but it's no longer available.: some of the Pheon stuff looks brilliant.

• Like 1

FWIW, Blue Rider are still readily available from Hannants and, in the Netherlands, the AviationMegastore, and there are plenty of WWI subjects. The advantage of the Hannants site is that they have pictures of most of the options so you can see if what they offer fits with what you need. Both shops don't currently carry the generic cockade seta at the moment unfortunately, but doing a very quick scan they have one for British presentation Aircraft, and one for BEs.

Paul.

On 9/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, Dave Swindell said:

Both Blue Rider and Pegasus have done RFC and RNAS roundels. Freightdog has the Pegasus stuff now, but they're not on their website @Colin @ Freightdog Models?

Just seen this thread. Whilst going through a box of decals I've found a few original Pegasus RFC roundel sheets in good condition (not yellowed or crazed), these pre-date the reprint I did in around 2009. I'll sell these for £5.00 for two A5 sheets plus large letter postage if anyone is interested.

Colin 

Edited by Colin @ Freightdog Models
Typo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 2:46 PM, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Just seen this thread. Whilst going through a box of decals I've found a few original Pegasus RFC roundel sheets in good condition (not yellowed or crazed), these pre-date the reprint I did in around 2009. I'll sell these for £5.00 for two A5 sheets plus large letter postage if anyone is interested.

Colin 

Hi, Colin, are these still available?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 7:48 PM, Paul Thompson said:

FWIW, Blue Rider are still readily available from Hannants and, in the Netherlands, the AviationMegastore, and there are plenty of WWI subjects. The advantage of the Hannants site is that they have pictures of most of the options so you can see if what they offer fits with what you need. Both shops don't currently carry the generic cockade seta at the moment unfortunately, but doing a very quick scan they have one for British presentation Aircraft, and one for BEs.

Paul.

I’ve ordered directly from Blue rider: reasonable postage and nicely packed. Not sure if they have the specific sheets though.

Edited by Torbjorn