Alicat 1/48 Tamiya

ABeck

Now that's what I call a truly outstanding build. Nice to see the Hawks (don't recall what the Iranians call them) under the wings. I knew the real birds carried them but never seen them modeled before. They certainly do not detract from the model in any way. 

10 hours ago, Ale85 said:

It's one of my next projects! Can you tell me which colors you've used to paint your Cat?

By the way, super nice work!

ciao

Ale

Hello,

These are self-mixed artist airbrush acrylics by the brand of "Schmincke" from the "Aero Color Professional" line. These colours have an extremely fine pigment and the coat is also extremely thin (and sensitive). Base is a normal 1component automotive primer/filler (like the one from Alclad - but ten times cheaper) which is polished with micromesh. Canopy frames are based with MrPaint. White surfaces preferable also with Mr.Paint (their acrylics which are aceton based). The jet cans are based with Gunze metal colors (as the leading edges of the flying surfaces are), then layers of Schmincke are put on. Before decaling a very fine layer of "Future" needs to be applied as Schmincke colours are sensitive to decaling-softeners. Finish is a professional automotive 2 component flat varnish.

4 hours ago, ABeck said:

Hello,

These are self-mixed artist airbrush acrylics by the brand of "Schmincke" from the "Aero Color Professional" line. These colours have an extremely fine pigment and the coat is also extremely thin (and sensitive). Base is a normal 1component automotive primer/filler (like the one from Alclad - but ten times cheaper) which is polished with micromesh. Canopy frames are based with MrPaint. White surfaces preferable also with Mr.Paint (their acrylics which are aceton based). The jet cans are based with Gunze metal colors (as the leading edges of the flying surfaces are), then layers of Schmincke are put on. Before decaling a very fine layer of "Future" needs to be applied as Schmincke colours are sensitive to decaling-softeners. Finish is a professional automotive 2 component flat varnish.

thanks a lot!

ciao

Ale