Rug Rat Resin 1/48 Cessna U-3

Jon Bryon

Hello,

In relation to the 1/48 Rug Rat Resin (AIM) Cessna U-3 series, has anyone got one of these kits, or even better, built one? Some basic googling throws up nothing in terms of build articles. I'm quite interested in the quality of the resin, clear parts and decals.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/rugratresins-rr4803006-cessna-u-3b--1229282

Cheers

Jon

I have one in the stash, an initial release (kit number RR4803002). I haven't looked at it in a while, but I can tell you it is excellent quality and extremely accurate. I provided AIM with most of the basic information on the kit, including official Cessna materials. I'll drag it out and take some photos for posting here.

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

I have one in the stash, an initial release (kit number RR4803002). I haven't looked at it in a while, but I can tell you it is excellent quality and extremely accurate. I provided AIM with most of the basic information on the kit, including official Cessna materials. I'll drag it out and take some photos for posting here.

Thanks for the reply. Any photos would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

• 1 month later...

My apologies for not posting the photos as promised, but I've not been able to locate my copy of the kit due to some ongoing home renovations. The photos on the aim72 website, as mentioned by Bughunter, do give a good indication of the kit's quality. I don't think you'll be disappointed were you to order one.

• Like 1