Four Aces - Hurricane pilots meet at the Flying Club

Okay, lets begin.

spacer.png

I am building the Sweet 144th scale Hurricane metal wings which comes with schemes for five BoB aces. I'll be making the planes of Flt Off Clowes, Flt Lt Brothers, Plt Off Stevens and Sqd Ldr Tuck. Unfortunately Flt Lt Gleed based out of Exeter didn't make the cut.

Once built, I will be making a diorama base inspired by the classic Flying Club scene from the Battle of Britain film, with a selection of figures and vehicles to go with them.

• Like 8

spacer.png

The kits, dating from 2002, have an unusual production technique. To save on moulding costs, the sprues are duplicated with one of each being cast in clear styrene. This does seem a bit weird when first putting together but it will disappear under primer soon.

Just started this afternoon, interior green painted inside the very basic cockpits and fuselages combined.

• Like 8

Hi,

Scratch building gun bays in 1/144 scale - your eyes and hands must be in a lot better condition than mine - I am impressed!

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cockpit canopies added and painted, props on (one even rotates!) and 7 wheels are on. Antenna cables added and just need trimming.

Should be ready for the scenery to start soon.

spacer.png

This Hurricane looks a bit different to the others though...

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...