1/24 Hasegawa Lancia 037 Rally

Andy J

Hi there, so my latest wip is the Lancia 037 rally from Hasegawa a kit I've had in the stash for a while. The car has the Martini livery which happens to be a favourite of mine so work has started on the interior with the only additional parts being the harness set from Eduard. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's it for now thanks for looking I'll be back soon 🙂

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Codger said:

Nice work Andy using your new skills but why would you leave a Porsche build at twice this size when you were doing such good work? :shrug:

The Porsche build hasn't been left Mr C infact I was painting some parts earlier today but I see no reason why I shouldn't share my time between the two builds. Like I say the Martini livery is my all time favourite and I've fancied building this kit for ages so as they say variety is the spice of life and I would tend to agree. As always thanks for the comment much appreciated 👍 

• Like 1

That floor board is looking really great as do the seats and harnasses.

With Ron’s painting lessons I can now see how you are accomplishing it. 

1 hour ago, Pouln said:

That floor board is looking really great as do the seats and harnasses.

With Ron’s painting lessons I can now see how you are accomplishing it. 

Thank you, Ron's techniques are a great weapon to have at your disposal and I would encourage anyone to give them a try as they are definitely worth the extra time and effort required 🙂

So the interior is finished and the roll cage is fitted. No problems with fitment yet infact so far the kit is going together really well and the few decals I have applied have gone down well with no drama. The pic's below show my progress to date. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Engine next and although there isn't a massive amount of detail i will try and bring out what's available the best i can. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂

• Like 7

Good start there Andy, sorry I'm late to the party the loss of e-mail notifications is playing havoc with keeping up with things.

One comment if you don't mind- I know you're enjoying your new weathering techniques (and very good you are at them too!), I would just say don't overdo them - for instance I've never seen any roll cage get weathered like that on an in use competition car - there isn't any way it would get such weathering. Even the cage in our 40 odd year old Mini that's been sat for the last 4 years in a damp garage isn't showing any weathering like that. And also, whilst the weathering you've done on the floor is excellent, most works cars were prepared for just a couple of seasons at the most, so the paint didn't really get much wear - and the crews would be wearing soft soled racing boots... As usual please feel free to completely ignore me! 

But as we always say, it's your model so have fun with it! :)

Keith

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Good start there Andy, sorry I'm late to the party the loss of e-mail notifications is playing havoc with keeping up with things.

One comment if you don't mind- I know you're enjoying your new weathering techniques (and very good you are at them too!), I would just say don't overdo them - for instance I've never seen any roll cage get weathered like that on an in use competition car - there isn't any way it would get such weathering. Even the cage in our 40 odd year old Mini that's been sat for the last 4 years in a damp garage isn't showing any weathering like that. And also, whilst the weathering you've done on the floor is excellent, most works cars were prepared for just a couple of seasons at the most, so the paint didn't really get much wear - and the crews would be wearing soft soled racing boots... As usual please feel free to completely ignore me! 

But as we always say, it's your model so have fun with it! :)

Keith

Hi Keith you make some valid points mate however this roll cage came second hand off ebay and the driver raced with football boots as his chosen footwear 🤣🤣👍 I may well have gone a little to far with the weathering in certain areas mate but as you say I'm having fun and once the shell is in place very little will be on view anyway 😉 I'm about to start the engine and have plenty of excuses lined up for over weathering 😂 Thanks for the comments mate you had me worried for a moment I thought you'd hit the nuke button 🙂👍

• Haha 1

So today I started to build and detail the engine, gearbox, exhaust etc. Not a massive amount of details in the kit parts so a quick paint job was all that was required and the results can be seen below 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Should look ok when attached to the chassis which is the part I will work on next. Thanks for looking 🙂

• Like 6

So the latest update and I've now got the chassis, interior, engine, suspension, brakes etc all put together which means I can now move on to the shell and apply some paint. Considering the scale of the the kit i think Hasegawa have done a decent job with this one and the fitment so far has been first class. Here are the latest progress pic's 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm off to work on the shell thanks for looking back soon 🙂

• Like 10

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 17:14, Codger said:

Fair enough Andy, but I'll remind you the iconic Martini livery appears on Tammy's 1/12 935....:devil:

Yes Codger, but all Porsches look the same, the 037 was a work of art ;)

Now I'll run for cover after lobbing that in 🤣

Great build and weathering though Andy :) 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Yes Codger, but all Porsches look the same, the 037 was a work of art ;)

Now I'll run for cover after lobbing that in 🤣

Great build and weathering though Andy :) 

Thanks mate and I agree having prepared the shell for paint earlier it really does look quite special

spacer.png

A work of art indeed 🙂👍

• Like 4

So an hours work at the spray booth and the 037 has been primed and has received the white basecoat. I used Mr surfacer 1500 grey two coats for the primer and Tamiya X2 White three coats for the basecoat. The results can be seen below 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The paint needs to dry for 24 hours now so time to tackle the wheels and the many other smaller parts required to finish the build. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Looking really good mate! 👍

What colour did you use for the Kevlar parts on the 'door cards' and seat backs? Looks spot on!

Keith

Thanks Keith, I used Tamiya XF60 Dark Yellow for the kevlar parts and I agree it's a pretty good match 👍 

• Like 1

Just a small update today as I've managed after work to get the wheels and tyres sorted 

spacer.png

Like i say only a small amount of progress but every bit helps 🙂

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Even so it's a small progress...this wheel combo looks spot on,very nice detailing 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco I think they will look fine when fitted to the finished kit 🙂

On 9/11/2020 at 6:15 PM, Andy J said:

Thanks Keith, I used Tamiya XF60 Dark Yellow for the kevlar parts and I agree it's a pretty good match 👍 

That’s a question answered for me too . Years ago I mixed my own Kevlar colour, but it’s about used up now so I’ll try the Tamiya. These older competition cars have lots of yellow Kevlar parts . 
Gary . 

24 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

That’s a question answered for me too . Years ago I mixed my own Kevlar colour, but it’s about used up now so I’ll try the Tamiya. These older competition cars have lots of yellow Kevlar parts . 
Gary . 

That's the beauty of the forum Gary and  I'm only to happy to share with others. It's as good a match without mixing various colours that you will find. Straight out the jar it brush paints brilliantly or thin it 50/50 and it airbrushes great 👍 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Did you spray the Pirelli logos Andy - they look great! Might look even better toned down with a thin wash of your brown oil paint? I know you like your weathering now! :)

K

Hi Keith, the Pirelli logos are the kit decals 'smashed ' up a bit. And you're right mate they are 'to white ' something I will remedy when I get the chance 🙂👍

• Like 1