Fw190A-8 Eduard 1/48 with open engine and gunbay

Here is my latest. Eduard`s old version of the 1/48 Fw190 with engine and gunbays. I additionally used their PE set 48556 for the engine and especially for the open cowling. As it turned out a lot of effort on the engine is wasted because nearly all of it is invisible. But I still prefer their old 190 to the new one. Fit of the parts including the engine is great, very little filler is required. I will keep one more of these in the stash, also the PE set 48556. This will not be the last 190 with its engine exposed.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

All comments welcome!

Volker

• Like 19

1 hour ago, VolkerR. said:

As it turned out a lot of effort on the engine is wasted because nearly all of it is invisible.

It's always the way, isn't it? Go to town on the interior and it disappears as soon as you close it up,  but just leave one tiny bit unpainted and it'll stick out like a sore thumb every time you look at it! 😅

Very nice work, the FW 190 is one of my old favourites.

11 hours ago, Walter said:

Nice work.  You could leave the top cover off couldn't you? 

That is a good idea!

Thinking about it, I got another one. It should be possible to glue the cowling parts  (H13, H4 and H25) together without glueing them in position. If the propeller with the fan is not glued either, the whole cowling with the cowling ring is removable. Fit of the parts is good enough for that. Then the model can be displayed completely closed or with engine exposed. I will give it a try soon.

• Like 2