1:35 Tamiya Super Sherman

28 minutes ago, gmoss said:

Mate - that looks awesome.  You've really captured that faded / weathered olive drab look.

Thank you so much! The base painting was pretty basic for this (99% of the tank is olive drab) so I really had time to layer on different washes and layers of pigment to get a dusty look.

Nice Sherman!

As has been mentioned, great work on the OD and weathering!

Only a suggestion but I'd secure / tie down the stowage on the back otherwise, brilliant. 

Great work

Darryl 

• Like 2

That's a really nice M1 Sherman, and it's very well weathered. The photos in the Manersherob book show them to be very dusty. I built this one a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

BTW. Just as an aside, Tamiya got their name wrong. A Super Sherman has HVSS suspension.

John.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tfcrafter said:

Thank you so much! The base painting was pretty basic for this (99% of the tank is olive drab) so I really had time to layer on different washes and layers of pigment to get a dusty look.

May I ask how you painted the crates?  I'm yet to perfect a realistic wood effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmoss said:

May I ask how you painted the crates?  I'm yet to perfect a realistic wood effect.

As I recall, I think the crates I used from the Tamiya kit came with a bit of molded wood detail. I just painted over it with craft store paints, sealed it, then did a wash with watered-down acrylic paint.