Greetings from Hopkins, MN, USA

Mynarr

Hello,

I've become reacquainted with model building after a few decades of being mostly away from it. I've always tended to prefer cars and science fiction models, and I still do. Historically, I've done mostly 1:24 & 1:25 scale cars. I've recently decided to try my have at something a little bigger, 1:8 scale. I'm currently working on an Eaglemoss Mercedes 300SL Gullwing. I'm not planning any modifications but have been doing some detail painting. Unfortunately, it's been on hold since May due to backordered parts. I also dove into the deep end of the pool with a Pocher Mercedes 540K (K85). I've been working on that since April. As if that wasn't crazy enough, I'm waiting for a Pocher Rolls Royce Torpedo Cabriolet Phantom II I just bought on eBay. It's my intention to open it, check it, and them sit on it until I'm done with the 540K.

The Pocher Rolls is really what brought me here. I was looking for information, in addition to my Paul Koo DVD, on Pocher Rolls builds and I saw that there are a few great looking build threads here, so I joined up.

I consider myself pretty good at assembling. I feel I'm lacking in good painting and scratch-building/modification skills. I'm hoping to find some information here to help me out where I need it.

I'm documenting my builds on Instagram and have links to my profile and a couple of hashtags in my signature.

• Like 2

Hello Mynarr...:post1: from about 450 miles southeast of you in Chicago. I hope you're in a safe area what with all the recent troubles in the world lately. Im mostly WW2 & Cold-war aircraft with the occasional armor, ship, or sci-fi subject to break up the monotony. 

Dennis

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I hope you're in a safe area what with all the recent troubles in the world lately.

Yes, so far. That’s the other thing that got me where I am with modeling. I needed something to do on lockdown so I took modeling back up. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...