MIG 21 BIS - 1/48 Eduard _ SFR Yugoslavia AF

MIG 21 BIS - 1/48 Eduard - SFR Yugoslavia AF , 1980's , Željava/Bihać underground air base. Lift Here and custom laser printed decals.

WbwhOrX.jpg

rk5nqe3.jpg

uSSPNhQ.jpg

3iAalvA.jpg

Me1dN3s.jpg

Ji36Gtq.jpg

Stay safe.

Edited by Supercuber
Spell check.
  • Like 17

23 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Truly nice! Was it an easy build?

Thanx;

It's pretty straightforward build, no major fit problems, little filler, some sanding and light surfacer preparring for paintwork.
Took me less than two weeks to build it.
RGDS

9 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

I'd like to work on an Eduard PF for the JRV.  When did the JRV go with the air defense gray overall scheme?  Early 80s?

JRV- Yugoslav AF never have  Mig 21 PF in its inventory.
36 Mig 21 PFM ( Izdeliye 94-Fishbed F) were delivered in four batches (8+10+10+8) , between June and December 1968.
All  PFM ( and later M and MF ) were delivered from SSSR in NMF  scheme.

There is no confirmation of overall gray PFM's, they arrived in NMF scheme, and after regular overhauls at ZMAJ (Zagreb) depot, finish is made in silver lacquer coat.

Sole known ( at least for me) PFM in  Gray overall scheme is 22716 (GTA-007) , but this is memorial-display plane .

Overall Gray scheme was introduced with MiG-21bis Izdelije-75B ( MiG-21bis-SAU) with its arrival , august 1977.

Same scheme was applied on Mig 21 M and MF overhauls , but PFM's, R's and two seaters stay silver lacquer till the end of Yugoslav AF service.

Later, with  break of Yugoslavia, and overhauls moving to Belgrade, Batajnica, MOMA depot, overall gray is applied on some two seaters and probably few PFM's , but they were withdrawn from service in 1996, and scrapped.

RGDS
Nenad

Edited by Supercuber
  • Thanks 1