Petrol Pumps.

Hi. I found this among my stuff recently retrieved from storage. Its by Lesney (Matchbox) and diecast It could do with some restoration . Can anyone help with suggestions as to what colours these were? Or should I just leave as is? I was thinking of incorporating it as part of a diorama, Scale is very close to 1/72nd going by the figure.

1K97kN.jpg

P4KLOL.jpg

GnOcFu.jpg

• Like 2

Paul, I had these as a child. I may still have them, somewhere! The colours are correct as is. 

As for restoration, Are the ESSO decals available? No doubt they could be reproduced.

I'd leave it as is until you can source decals though.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, halfwit said:

A quick Google finds the scale to be 1/75. Decals are available on t'bay.

I just saw these. Stickers  for around £2.00 for a set. And pumps in similar condition to mine for up to  a  tenner to £15.00.  There seems to be a fair few around, so maybe I could create sacrilege and repaint my one🤐😲

My plan was to st up a base with maybe a vintage aeroplane alongside or a couple vehicles that I have.  Already thought of detail painting the figure, base and pumps as authentic as poss. Must go away and have a think about it.

• Like 1

They also did a BP,get yourself a few Lesney vehicles and make a dio at a small out in the country garage with a bit of mud....

Edit: Your dio needs to have at least two of Lesney's TK tippers,one on the diesel and one being worked on...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

I also remember these from my childhood. Definitely red, I loved Matchbox cars when I was a child, but liked those best that were in near scale to each other. 1/75th is very near model railway '00' gauge

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

They also did a BP

I had that set when I was a kid, way back in the early 60's.

Chris

• Like 1

I had this, (possibly still at my mum's in the grandkids play box)  mine was BP and white.  It came with a big sign too.

• Like 3