Hasegawa 1/72 Tornado GR1 Desert Storm

rafalbert

Well it is done. As with the black Tornado it has been rushed and my heart wasn't in it. My attempts to dirty it a little have been heavy handed and I have now consigned two aerials to the carpet monster which I will need to resolve at a later date. The Airwaves wings insisted on being staight rather than the classic Tornado anhedral, but they look a lot better than the kit wings so can live with it. It is not historically accurate in that there are too many mission markings for it to be carrying JP233s (as they stopped using them after a few days) but couldn't resist fitting them. The Hasegawa kit went together better than the Revell kit but I still did not enjoy it (possibly my state if mind at the moment). I am glad it is done and will be leaving my modelling alone until after Christmas to spend all the time with my family. No doubt I will be glad to get back to it afterwards!

IMG_20201220_120016 IMG_20201220_120027 IMG_20201220_120040 IMG_20201220_120100 IMG_20201220_120127

And with her Op Granby strike sisters

IMG_20201220_115818

• Like 3

Well done. Looks great with the JP233's. Maybe you can finish the weathering later. The Bucc looks excellent so if you can do that again then nothing to worry about.

Have a good Christmas with your new family

Colin

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...