Blitz Build leftovers: Emhar 1/24 Bedford Recovery Truck

Hi all, this was my entry for last weekend's Blitz Build. I thought it would be fun to see if I could pull it off, build one of these in 24 hours! As it turned out, I came up a couple hours short but I had a good time anyway. I finished it in the last couple of evenings, stealing an hour here and there. I really like the Emhar Bedford range, I now have 2 more left in the stash, but I won't be trying to build them over the course of one weekend 🙂 

The kit builds very well, only thing I had some trouble with was the positioning of the front fenders in relation to the bonnet sides. It took some tweaking to get right, and since I had already painted the parts it was tricky. I'll try another method on the other ones.

So... this is how far I got with it, come cutoff time. 

20200831201112-39932a78-me.jpg

But to be fair, it was actually this.... 

20200901131516-020da7d9-me.jpg

Still, I thought it was a good effort and had I not tried it would probably have been in the stash for years to come, and now it sits in my cabinet. 

As you can see it's a very clean build, as I didn't plan on weathering in just the weekend. So when finishing it I decided to keep the clean look. The remaining two will definitely get another treatment. In general, if you build quickly the quality suffers and it's no different with this build but I'm happy with it anyway, it's nice to look at. I chose to paint with rattle cans because of speed. It's Tamiya's Black, Dark Blue and Bright Red. The rest is brushed with Vallejo paint. Quite different from the box art but I rarely follow the instructions anyway, colour wise. In this case, while I like the dark blue very much, the downside was that almost none of the decals were visible on it! That's why there's only a couple of them on the finished truck, but hey who thinks that far ahead anyway? Not me!

Pictures are taken inside so lighting is not optimal but that's in line with the build 🙂 

20200904114325-0f8e1aa5-me.jpg

20200904114327-6b0c5e95-me.jpg

20200904114329-ef26d3ce-me.jpg

20200904114326-cf5022af-me.jpg

I like the crane, it's a very nice piece of model kit. 

20200904114324-9c17740e-me.jpg

20200904114328-d8016d77-me.jpg

20200904114323-b493b971-me.jpg

20200904114330-10f20961-me.jpg

OK one more... 

20200904114325-0e6dd480-me.jpg

Couple more pics here

Thanks for watching!

• Like 17

Nice work Jeroen I particularly like the bed beneath the crane looks very good 👍. It's not easy to complete a build in 24hrs mate but it is good fun trying 🙂. I think you've ended up with a great looking truck well done 👏 

• Thanks 1

Very nice build, even more so for having been completed so quickly. The only thing I can see 'wrong' with it is the slight orange peel on the paint (and I've seen much worse on longer builds so not really a criticism), but I guess that's because you chose not to spend 23 of the 24 hours polishing it back :laugh:

• Thanks 1

On 04/09/2020 at 22:09, Spiny said:

Very nice build, even more so for having been completed so quickly. The only thing I can see 'wrong' with it is the slight orange peel on the paint (and I've seen much worse on longer builds so not really a criticism), but I guess that's because you chose not to spend 23 of the 24 hours polishing it back :laugh:

True. That, and the fact that I hadn't painted with cans in a while. I was a bit heavy handed on the paint, and sprayed some when it was probably too humid and/or cold so some of it was cut back and resprayed. Things you wouldn't do when not in a hurry, but that's the Blitz in Blitz Build.:-)... It was fun.

• Like 1