Airfix 1/76 M3 Halftrack with Trailer

This oldie dates back to 1966. I did it mostly just for fun, but it went together surprising well, and doesn't look half bad. The decals had not yellowed, but I was afraid they would shatter when put in water, so I coated them with MIcro Liquid Decal Film and they worked fine. I posed it on the Matchbox base provided in the Monty's Caravan set just for the photos. 

IMG_20200903_130617

IMG_20200903_103713

IMG_20200903_130457

IMG_20200903_130517

IMG_20200903_130552

• Like 27

'66, huh?  Same age as me.  But that's in much, much, better condition than I am!

I made a lot of Matchbox kits as a kid - I liked the two-coloured pieces.  But I'not sure if I had that one.  I remember having the Airfix White Halftrack though.

Definitely brings back memories. Mine saw many battles over at my friend's house on our piece of plywood battlefield painted with grass snd polystyrene rocks. 

I note Airfix is reissuing the half track including the original  box art. Probably costing a lot more than the 3 bob it originally cost.!!

• 2 months later...

I purchased the kit when it was released in the 1960s .I might have a go at it again ,will the aid of some strong magnifier specs ,as eyes not as good these days.Very nice rendition well done.