1/100 Raspberry Ripple Tonka ++ Finished++

CliffB

On 11/16/2020 at 9:37 AM, alhenderson said:

Liking this, reckon its going to look great!

On 11/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, Col. said:

B)

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Looks rather firey than riple for know! But the RED looks like a good shade!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it.

I must admit that I've never really understood why the scheme's called Raspberry Ripple, but then again I've never seen NAAFI ice cream...

Anyway, the masking is now off.  There's good news and there's bad news.

spacer.png

The good news is that the masking has come off cleanly, with just a little bleeding along some panel lines.

The bad news is that I've put the red line in the wrong place - it's too low :(.  I'm not sure how I've managed that - maybe I marked where the bottom of the line should go and then masked as if it were the top?

It looks wrong and would look even worse were I to put decals on, so I will need to repaint.  Fortunately, the colour progression helps - I can paint some new red higher up (over the white) and then back fill below with the darker blue.  See you later!

• Like 6

Wasn't sure whether to put a like for the paint job, or a sad face for the masking mistake. Will a 50/50 do?

I think we've all made that mistake though. More than once in some cases (ahem). Nice tiny Tonka, Cliff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you @Pete in Lincs @exdraken and @alhenderson for your condolences!  It's good to see that I'm not the only one :)

Fortunately, things are looking much better now - so life is good.

spacer.png

It's never going to be perfect though, because in reality the front end of the canopy dips down more severely than it does in the kit.  Unfortunately, the way in which the anti-glare interacts with the scheme in this area is quite a distinctive visual feature.  I'll see what I can do ;)

• Like 4

On 11/28/2020 at 12:07 PM, Col. said:

Every faith in your abilities to make it look good Cliff.

Thanks Col. -  I'll let you be the judge, as I'm declaring this one finished :)

spacer.png

Thanks to @Colin W for hosting and to all who have tagged along/provided useful advice (such as "that's wrong")!  It was much appreciated :cheers:

Cheers

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• CliffB changed the title to 1/100 Raspberry Ripple Tonka ++ Finished++