Eduard 1.48 Hawker Typhoon, musings, nothing more!

At Sea

Looking through my boxing of the 1/48 Tempest I was surprised to see rockets on rails there, given the Tempest did not fly operationally with them during the war and when they were fitted post war they used zero length launchers.

Given the tooling breakdown (you only use 12/48 parts on sprue D) left me wondering if Sprue D was a hint of a future Typhoon in the pipeline.  It would be nice!

The Mk.3 series rocket rails are used for the Post War No.3 Squadron scheme, which is an option in the Royal Class box. I normally try to keep my modelling budget fairly modest, however my wallet couldn’t open fast enough when I saw this set.

Mind you, a new tool Tiffy would certainly be ideal and as nice as the Hasegawa kit is, I’m sure Eduard could make a decent profit if done to their latest standards.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Their Tempest is excellent kit and such tooling quality Typhoon would be phenomenal, I have fond memories of Hasegawa's kit reaching the shelves in 1999, and still have 20+ in of the latter in the stash, not to mention that sooner or later they would downscale it to 72nd where both Airfix and Brengun could be improved. 

Special Hobby announced their Typhoon in 32nd scale, but that could be even decade away, not to digress further- I truly hope they will, especially that they announced both Mk.VI and Mk.II.