Miniart T-34/85 w/D-5T

f matthews

Working on the new Miniart T-34/85 w/D-5T Interior Kit.  It is a fantastic kit so far.  While the sheer number of parts was initially intimidating, it’s moving along nicely.  The fighting compartment interior is pretty much complete, so now on to the engine bay.

T-34/85 T-34/85 50294577697_6455c54860_b.jpg

• Like 20

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, vaoinas said:

Beautiful work.

I'm interested in what references do you use for interior colors?

There are a LOT of different photos and very few seem consistent as many are museum pieces that have been “freshened up” with little care for slavish accuracy.  I based the fighting compartment off of some black and white pics which aren’t the greatest choice and engine photos mostly from colour photos of actual vehicles since the engines themselves would not as likely get repainted.

47 minutes ago, f matthews said:

There are a LOT of different photos and very few seem consistent as many are museum pieces that have been “freshened up” with little care for slavish accuracy.  I based the fighting compartment off of some black and white pics which aren’t the greatest choice and engine photos mostly from colour photos of actual vehicles since the engines themselves would not as likely get repainted.

Yeah, well maybe I should have been more precise in my question. 

I mean, your main interior color is light gray, with white sides of fighting compartment instead of all-white interior these tanks seem to be commonly painted.

I really like it, but keep wondering if you have some kind of reference for this particular scheme.  

Edited by vaoinas

• 8 months later...

This one got moved off of the bench a few months ago because it requires a LOT of space since so many parts are on so many different sprues.  Still loving the kit, it can just get a bit overwhelming, especially for the cramped space I have to work in.  I have most of the hull assembled and to give myself an injection of motivation, I primed it in 4BO Green.

51233638602_3b9315ea9e_b.jpg 51234344036_9580f36e52_b.jpg

I’d like to get this one finished in less than a year and its birthday is coming up, so I need to get to work!

• Like 14

Looks really great.

The perfect painted engine looks especially good through the mesh - it looks really cool when you can see the inside and outside of the model at the same time. This is probably helped by the fact that in that place under the mesh in the engine compartment the details are not very densely arranged in space, so it is possible to perceive all the space with all details right up to the floor. I really enjoyed this effect!

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 1