Dhahran Annie!!

128fiddler

• 2 weeks later...

An update allmost of laughable difference, but hey we have two extra weeks time! 😉

Anyhow, focussed today on the cockpit again, particular more on the wso/nav instruments. The yellow safety thingy on the left hand was a bit of a mess, getting a shake in my hand which didn't go away... grrr... added a few decals, which makes me think these revell decals stick like a post-it in a sand storm... 🤮

So....:

20201129_212722

Realy only a few small add-ons/touch-ups and I call my cockpit finished!

• Like 3

I had the same thoughts with the cockpit decals - they didn't appear to want to lie flat at all.  Happily, the decals on the aircraft have been fine for me, so fingers crossed you'll be OK when you get there!

Al.

On the outside only the bomb decals will come from Revell, still undecided what loadout though...

it's going to be 4 irons or a double paveway load. A triple paveway load is reserved for one of the actually visual confirmed aircraft. I think "Helen" is the contender for these. And a Saudi for JP233 like Jabba's. Where do you want it or "Miss Behavin" are also sparkling my interest, however, don't know if 4 Granby Tornado's might be a bit of overkill regarding all the other topics still to be made...

The decals I'm going to use are the model alliance sheet. Iirc the stencilling was kept to a minimum on these desert Fins, weren't they? If so, the MA sheet has some stencilling which is all I'm planning to use unless I note otherwise on the pictures.

Greetings and thank you for the positive note on the decals 😉

Edited by 128fiddler
  • Like 2

Its very hard to get the cockpit decals over the raised detail. Its best to sand it off then apply the decals if you dont want to paint the details.

Looking good but even with 3 weeks remaing its going to be tough to finish her in this GB!

Colin

15 hours ago, 128fiddler said:

The decals I'm going to use are the model alliance sheet. Iirc the stencilling was kept to a minimum on these desert Fins, weren't they? If so, the MA sheet has some stencilling which is all I'm planning to use unless I note otherwise on the pictures.

Greetings and thank you for the positive note on the decals 😉

Most of the pictures I've seen of Granby jets show very little in the way of stencils.  Warning triangles under the cockpit, tailplane angle indicators (looks like the same pink as on the camo jets) and not a lot else (top side anyway).  Certainly no sign of any No Steps on the wings etc.  There's a particularly nice shot of EG of 15 sqn over the Desert in Ian Black's Warlord which is on my wall at the moment.  I found that book invaluable for reference during this build..

Al.

• Like 2