Wet transfer stencils

dromia

I have been dabbling with these wet transfer stencils from HGW and I have to say I am enthused somewhat at these transfers

The ability to peel off the transfer film after drying is excellent leaving that clean painted on look without the inevitable carrier film step that is such a chew to hide/remove and the bane of all water slide transfers.

Surely this has to be the way froward for water slide transfers? I have been led to believe that they are currently only available in small transfers as they don't quiet have the normal water slide transfer properties of snuggling down and conforming to the surface relief.

If they can improve their technology to get the transfers to behave better when larger then this would be the step change in water slide transfers that I at least have been looking for.

New in-house printed Eduard decals have a clear film bug that is being turned into a feature - if you're careful you can lift the clear printed film from the glued decals. First kit with this new type of decal was the 1/48 P-51D Chattanooga Choo-Choo. This year's releases have a somewhat thicker film. Check the last two issues of Eduard Info for more details.

• 1 month later...

With respect to the OP's comments regarding the HGW wet transfer decals, I can't help wondering why they have not come out with them for the MDC cords used in jet aircraft. What a perfect application tgat would be, as on a clear part the carrier film is what ruins the look of traditional decals.

It wouldn't stop there either, how many WWII aircraft have little ventilation hatches or other little inclusions in their canopies and windscreens that we have no current easy way of reproducing? What about the fixings that hold the plexiglass, where the outside is clear with the rivet or bolt head showing.

Cheers

Les