Etrich Taube - Modifed Airframe 1/72nd vacuform

17 hours ago, Pinback said:

Love it :)  

The airborne shots are wonderful. I wonder what it would have sounded like? I am imagining a few pops!

Thanks!

Taking in consideration all those tense wires exposed to the airstream, I think it would have sounded like John Cage's "Concert for 945 out-of-tune violins, and one giant broken timpani".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Courageous said:

What they 🔼 all said. I'm quite surprised about how big it is when compared to my Bugatti (that's in the paint shop by the way)...unless you have small hands.

:goodjob:

Stuart

Thanks, Stuart!

I am so looking forward to your completed Bugatti! you are doing a splendid job!

Indeed the Taube was a very large plane for its type and age.

Not too dissimilar to a 5 years earlier Antoinette, and the 2 years earlier Monobloc, though:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

A masterpiece (just look at that rigging again!) from a kit that is the very antithesis of shake n' bake.

Beautiful work, Moa, sheer poetry!

Kind regards,

Joachim

You are too kind, Joachim.

It's all the merit of the original plane, with it's charming shape and gallant demeanor.

Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toryu said:

Breathtaking as always, Claudio. All this delicate wiring and bracing...

Thanks!

Almost too delicate for the current state of my sight! but I hope I managed to get away with it, mostly! :blush:

4 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Another piece of modelling excellence.

BM.

Very kind of you BM!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, FPDPenguin said:

That looks excellent! And I'll certainly use some of your pictures for reference. Doubt my build will look anything like yours. May as well chuck mine in the bin now. 

🐧 

Thanks Penguin!

Please, continue with your build, for what we have seen so far you will regale us with a truly beautiful Taube. It just needs time and patience.

If I don't see any progress soon, I may have to send a terrifying horde of 1/72nd and 1/48th  figures to spank you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harold55 said:

Beautiful bird!  I am always impressed with your work, your planes are fantastic.  I have wished for a more modern 1/48 scale version of this aircraft given its importance to the history of aviation but nothing is on the horizon. I do have the Copper State resin in my stash and I think you have inspired be to move it up the line.

Thanks Harold.

I do not build in 1/48, thus I am not familiar with its releases, but have a look at @FPDPenguin Flashback model here, in that scale:

• Like 1

Breathtaking!

It's been looking fabulous all the way as the build thread developed, so I expected something beautiful in the end, but it's looking even better.

Seeing it photographed in suitable environment really brings out it's fragile and delicate glory.

Fantastic work. Lovely subject. Once again.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Moa,

What a wonderful build! Thank you for sharing and showing just how it can be done. The Taube is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever designed (in my opinion), and you have caught the look and grace so well indeed.

All the best,

Ray

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

Breathtaking!

It's been looking fabulous all the way as the build thread developed, so I expected something beautiful in the end, but it's looking even better.

Seeing it photographed in suitable environment really brings out it's fragile and delicate glory.

Fantastic work. Lovely subject. Once again.

You are very kind, Jörgen.

It was interesting to work on it, if a bit tense at times :winkgrin:

Always appreciate your supportive comments.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Ray S said:

Hello @Moa,

What a wonderful build! Thank you for sharing and showing just how it can be done. The Taube is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever designed (in my opinion), and you have caught the look and grace so well indeed.

All the best,

Ray

Hi Ray! Thanks! And I have to agree, beautiful lines!

Cheers