1/24 Williams F1 1983.

This is actually a factory built promotional model,all metal apart from the tyres obviously! But it was very shabby,one or two of the decals were missing the rear wing was broken,I added detail in the cockpit,the seatbelts were cast and spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngso I painted them up and added some p/ e buckles.The front suspension had a completely unnecessary white metal axle that I removed so the wheels and suspension now look normal and the wheels can be posed. Came on the the nice Williams green base and represents Keke Rosberg's Monaco GP winning car,a Williams Fw08C. An earlier Williams FW07 in 1/43 I made years ago is alongside. Thanks for looking,Chris.

• Like 8

I think there were 2 Brabhams, probably the same car,definitely a Martini one in red and I’m sure there was a white Parmalat too. The only Williams I remember is the FW07 Alan Jones car. This is all in 1:24. The one I’ve got here I have never seen before,Chris 

• 2 months later...

Being one of few who prefer all their model cars in 1/24 or 1/25 scale, I like that  very much!  👍

Both cars take me back to (arguably) an era of some of F1's most beautiful machinery.

• Like 1

Thanks! We are the odd ones,I have never recognised 1/20 as a scale for F1 models. I never really thought about it,but as a 1/43 F1 modeller I was turned onto 1/24 resin F1 kits by Colin Fraser of Formula Models. He sold me 3 Wave 1/24 F1 kits,and started me off on 1/24 kits. I have loads but have only completed two! Next one will be an Arrows A2,or Lotus 79. Chris.

• 2 months later...

That's a lovely looking job. Definitely from a great era inF1 history, i remember standing at the bottom of the dip between Paddock and Druids  at Brands hatch in the mid eighties watching these beasts, a great experience

• Like 1