1/48 hawker Fury, Bristol FighterF2b and Pilots

The Eduard Bristol Fighter F2b was started over a year ago before two house moves. It really dragged as a build nothing wrong with the kit, in fact I would do  it again minus some of the mistakes. The rigging instructions weren't' that good using WnW website for more detail. 

The Airfix Fury was started to get my model making mojo up and running. The kit was none too good massively raised detail and the top engine cowling was hideous to try and fit with out an obvious join.

I like my kits with pilots so I purchased a Model Cellar Productions WW1 airman and pilot for the Bristol and used the modern pilot supplied in the Airfix kit(flying from Duxford maybe).

The silver fabric paint was a car rattle can and the Chrome??? Alclad which always gave a better finish on the blue tac or masks! Paints used on the Bristol was the AK range of WW1 PC10/12 early and late with the clear doped linen, ver 2 and bleached. I found this paint none to hard wearing a lovely finish but this was rubbed away in places with the constant handling in the rigging phase.

Turnbuckles on the Fury were portions of a PE fret N gauge railings. I tried this so I could bend the turnbuckle in line with the run of the rigging for the most part it worked well. The Bristol, I went down the GasPatch route although they are beautifully made are  not easy to align. We all have our bete noirs and one of mine is turnbuckles out of alignment with the run of the rigging.

DSC07480

DSC07519

DSC07495

DSC07481

DSC07476

DSC07474

DSC07498

DSC07493

DSC07496

Now onto my first WingNut Wing Models...

• Like 33

Great work Tim and both models are expertly rigged - my favourite out of the two is the Bristol Fighter.

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the comments much appreciated. The Fury exhaust... I got so fed up of touching up the Alclad Chrome... In the end I just said "right that's it no more". Just noticed a couple of missing parts on the Bristol! There comes a time when even though it's not finished, too much time has been devoted to the kit and in my stash...