Email notifications in Outlook

Thank you Mike. I have have contacted Microsoft support who have suggested a couple of things (using web version through Chrome and updating to the newest app - which I already had). So no luck yet.

Kind regards, 

Stix

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

I have have contacted Microsoft support who have suggested a couple of things

Good grief, last time I tried it was like talking to a brick wall - I'll have to give it another go! 

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

using web version through Chrome

I'm using that on W10 on one laptop & W7 on another, neither working....

K

11 hours ago, alt-92 said:

if you do, please make sure to get it through their heads this isn't a client (App) issue but something on the backend with mail flow.

I have just mentioned this to them. They are still replying at the moment.

24 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

I have just mentioned this to them. They are still replying at the moment.

Many thanks for doing that Stix, I haven't had the energy to try contacting them yet.

Small update though, I've had notifications from two of the other forums that went missing, so it does look like it's only BM that I'm now not getting them from.

K

I know that this isn't a lot of use here, but I have switched off all of the "Notify me of replies", because as well as coming through to my laptop, they also come through to my wife's desktop, and to quote the eloquent remark that she made to me "I'm sick and tired of Britbloodymodeller clogging up my emails". She's not a fan.

John.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

and to quote the eloquent remark that she made to me "I'm sick and tired of Britbloodymodeller clogging up my emails". She's not a fan.

I presume you haven't told her yet that it's all your fault? :evil_laugh:

• Haha 1

I've had a bit of feedback from Support now, and it seems that our IP address had found its way onto Microsoft's block list (no idea why).  They've submitted a request to clear the block, so things should return to normal fairly soon.  They've offered a way of keeping our IP "clean", but it's a fairly substantial (for what it is) monthly cost that seems a bit too much like protection money to me.  I don't know about you guys, but someone telling me they can keep us from being blocked for a price seems a bit immoral :hmmm: There's a benefit to it though, so if these outages affect enough people we'd certainly have to consider it, but as I've been able to fix it in the past by liasing with Support, it seems better to keep doing that, and save the money each month for keeping the forum running.  :) 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Thanks Mike, I'll let you know if (when - be positive!) they start coming through again.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

but as I've been able to fix it in the past by liasing with Support, it seems better to keep doing that, and save the money each month for keeping the forum running.

Sounds like a plan to me! 👍

Keith

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mike said:

don't know about you guys, but someone telling me they can keep us from being blocked for a price seems a bit immoral

No doubt routing your mail via their smarthost service with added antivirus-and-other-stuff-thou-shalt-pay-for :P

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Weirdly -Outlook Support just got in touch to ask if my problem was fixed so I said no - not yet.

This was what I meant earlier about getting more sense from talking to my cat - they are ''support'', they should be fixing it and they should know when they have done!!  🤣

K

• Haha 1

I've still not any notification emails from Britmodeller or YouTube. And I've not heard anything more from Outlook Support. I've just installed an update for mobile Outlook but still nothing. I'm still getting notifications from other websites.

Kind regards, 

Stix

58 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

I've just installed an update for mobile Outlook but still nothing.

It's not client related (e.g. apps). 
The best check is the web interface - Outlook dot com is basically Exchange Online, just like Office365 uses, with the same Antispam/Virus/bladibla bits.