Email notifications in Outlook

On 9/17/2020 at 12:13 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Just figured this out myself, I haven't received an update or notification from the Forum in a couple of weeks. 

Yep.   The last notification I received was Aug. 27.  😲

And equally as maddening, I've now sent two emails to Outlook support with no acknowledgement at all.   That's poor support, imho.

Edited by Gary Brantley
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Yep.   The last notification I received was Aug. 27.  😲

And equally as maddening, I've now sent two emails to Outlook support with no acknowledgement at all.   That's poor support, imho.

Its got to be outlook as thats my primary email. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick Brown said:

Swapped to my gmail account..

I was thinking of doing that, but when I went todo it the forum page said something about having to re-activate your account? Did you have to do anything about that Rick?

Keith

2 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I'm not getting BM emails either.  Virginmedia email in Thunderbird client, all spam emails configured to be forwarded to my inbox flagged as spam rather than held in VM junk folder.

That's a new one - wonder if Microsoft would have had a hand in that as well?

I'll tag @Mike in just so he's aware. 

Keith

• Like 1

:dull: doesn't look like we've had any progress here, does it?  Annoying... I've noticed that any new members with Hotmail (Microsoft) addresses aren't getting their signup emails :angry:

39 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I'll tag @Mike in just so he's aware.

Noted, taa :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That's a new one - wonder if Microsoft would have had a hand in that as well?

Not unless Virgin Media (formerly Vodafone) is using hosted mailservices at Microsoft. Which I doubt going off the available DNS & IP block info.

@Mike 
What does hosting support say?

7 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I was thinking of doing that, but when I went todo it the forum page said something about having to re-activate your account? Did you have to do anything about that Rick?

Keith

No chap. 

Unfortunately everything is still as it was!

🤣

I can confirm, gmail works.

Rick.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to have to do the same and switch to Gmail. Problem is I don't tend to normally use it much and my notifications are prioritised for Outlook. I know I can reset everything but it's just annoying. Outlook Support have been very poor over this. 

• Like 2

Gmail isn't a problem here, I use it for various things. Having two email accounts is a good idea for many reasons.

I can confirm it also gets around this notification issue with BM and I can't find anything that has reset in my BM account, apart from my email details.

Just my tuppence worth..

Rick.

• Like 2

I have received a couple emails from Outlook support regarding this issue.   The first was a perfunctory "form letter" explaining how to designate safe and unsafe senders.  Really.  After my reply, it was days before I heard back.  Then I was told that they had a team that would work with the sender to figure it all out and sent a link.  I forwarded that link to Mike and when he tried it, he received an error message.  I tried it out myself and found it opened to a working site for me.  I forwarded a link to that site to Mike as well.   With a bit of luck, perhaps he and Outlook support might suss out the problem.   Hang in there folks! 😀

Just to update you all, I'm still mucking about this this in the background with help from @alt-92, and have made a wee breakthrough this avo regarding the security, which may filter through and affect our reputation for the better.  Who knows? :D

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Still no emails in Outlook unfortunately.  A few other modellers hadn't realised there was a bigger problem.  They assumed their email accounts alone were at fault for why they hadn't got emails from BM.

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 08/10/2020 at 12:12, keefr22 said:

Nothing here either. Bought a new Chromebook last week and had the faint hope that a new device might have made some difference - of course it didn't...!! 

Keith

Nah, it's Microsoft.  it is confirmed.  I've been speaking to them again today to try and convince them to unblock us, so we'll see whether that bears any fruit.  We've been rersponsible email senders and set up the three main features that most email receivers look for, but MS have us on a blacklist for some reason, which is what I'm trying to get more info on.  The rest of the email world doesn't seem to have a problem with us, so if you've got a non MS email and are desperate to get your notifications, you could try switching your email address away from hotmail.com, outlook.com, and I think live.com.  If anyone can remember other MS domains, just chime in below :yes:

• Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 12:12 PM, keefr22 said:

Nothing here either. Bought a new Chromebook last week and had the faint hope that a new device might have made some difference - of course it didn't...!! 

Keith

Set up a free gmail account Chap.

Dead easy.

Rick.