Good morning everyone...in the last 20 hours Ive spent 10 at the bench. Im tired, :tired: Im sore, and I spent an hour on my Knees today fighting the Damn carpet monster. Being disabled Im not supposed to get on my knees, it usually requires emergency services 🚑 to show up and pick me back up. I was able to get all my builds up to the same stage. Everything's done now except for the fragile stuff like antennas, pitot’s, and canopies. Those will be on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

wlWJmp4.jpg

LUF7gJI.jpg

MMF6gce.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 9

On 10/13/2020 at 9:38 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The ones that didn't crack into pieces dont seem to want to stick even with several layers of Microsol.

Aaarrrrggghh!  I hate that.  Otherwise the Kittyhawk is looking superb Dennis.  

(Posted before the most recently seen images)

The decals seem to have worked out!

• Thanks 1

Looking good so far!  Built a short tail F many years ago from the AMT Kit.  Currently working on an AMT P-40N, in between Group Builds.  Looks like yours is a much better shot than mine.  My port side fuselage is the front part of one kit grafted with the tail of a second kit to deal with the short shots of both kits.

1 hour ago, BlueNosers352nd said:

Looking good so far!  Built a short tail F many years ago from the AMT Kit.  Currently working on an AMT P-40N, in between Group Builds.  Looks like yours is a much better shot than mine.  My port side fuselage is the front part of one kit grafted with the tail of a second kit to deal with the short shots of both kits.

Ive built about 1/2 dozen of the AMT, AMT/ERTL, & AMTech kits over the years. They're very decent kits except for the poor cockpit/seat. I need to build a Hase for comparison but I would say these edge them out, as I detest Hase’s approach with gun inserts in the wings and such. But will hold my opinion until Ive actually built one. I built the “N” as “Geronimo” two years ago. If I can help let me know. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235036073-geronimos-last-stand/

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Very nice, Dennis! 

Following your build brought back some memories. This was one of the last kits I built before taking a brief break from modelong during the late 90s. I remember getting this and for the first time, really making an effort to build a high quality model. It was a fun build and turned out well for the standards I had then. I put the tools aside on a high point. I don't know what ever became of the kit. I was going to get one again, but sometimes I think good memories are best left in the past, so rebuilding it vicariously through you was a really nice compromise. Thanks very much for sharing. This really was a delight. And you did a wonderful job on the build. Much better than what I remember producing all those years ago. :)

• Thanks 1