Colourcoats in the USA

Hi folks,

I get a lot of enquiries from friends across the Atlantic asking for updates on USA stockists, and it's true that we had no orders from the USA since early 2018.

I am pleased to advise that our new stockist has today received their first shipment which contains virtually all the naval paints and some of the most popular aircraft paints. More aircraft paints and armour paints should follow shortly.

The business owner needs a couple of days to get sorted out and then we will finally reveal their identity.

I know there are definitely some, but if anyone wishes to make themselves known to the new dealer (the owner is not the sort to fill your inboxes with unwanted spam) then I invite PMs to that effect.

I expect a bit of a pile on for our Royal Navy paints in particular with this first shipment since this will be the first lot of our NARNxx paints to land in the USA, although I won't be too surprised if it's picked clean within a week or so...

• Like 3

It seems he's had a good wind behind him and his website updates are now live.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we've had a business relationship with this wonderful man and his son for many years, and our businesses were both derived from the very same event. Hence, this is a bit of a coming together again.

Our new USA dealer is ... drumroll ... White Ensign Models based in California

https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/

Those who already have dealt with Richard will know what to expect. Those who haven't yet should find them pleasant and efficient to deal with.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Hey Jamie - Any USA orders on the horizon? I still need to fill some holes in my collection of AC paints (especially the Russian WW2 ACS series). Also I still haven't been able to get my hands on your proprietary thinner yet which will come in handy when I start airbrushing (thank you Santa). Just wondering if there are any orders in the pipeline from White Ensign/H&B/Warship or if there are any new USA vendors showing interest, thanks.

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

Yes

Obviously I don't have any control or involvement with Richard Harden's WEM website but it would appear that's a hangover from when he acquired the website as part of WEMs assets from the UK.

I doubt he'll have any mechanism to collect a European tax from his website and it definitely doesn't apply to sales within the USA anyway (indeed WEM does not pay VAT when we export from the UK to them in the USA), but if concerned I'd suggest contacting him to confirm. He might like to get his webmaster (I don't think he does it himself like we do, but I might be wrong) to erase that feature.

9 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Obviously I don't have any control or involvement with Richard Garden's WEM website but it would appear that's a hangover from when he acquired the website as part of WEMs assets from the UK.

I doubt he'll have any mechanism to collect a European tax from his website and it definitely doesn't apply to sales within the USA anyway (indeed WEM does not pay VAT when we export from the UK to them in the USA), but if concerned I'd suggest contacting him to confirm. He might like to get his webmaster (I don't think he does it himself like we do, but I might be wrong) to erase that feature.

You are right Jamie, upon a better inspection, the VAT is not mentioned in the cart.