• 1 month later...

Moving onward on to the tracks.   The kit provides myriads of tiny parts to make working tracks.  There are four parts for each link.  While not outside my capabilities to build that, it is certainly outside the limits of my patience.  :fraidnot:   Accurate Armour to the rescue!  :yahoo:

AA produce a range of resin trackpaks.  These are simply resin lengths or track which can be cut and bent to provide the tracks.  This is a far easier and quicker option.

spacer.png

The lengths must be immersed in hot water until the resin softens.  They can then be bent into shape and then set by immersing them in cold water.

spacer.png

Any mismatches can be hidden under the sand shields...  :lol: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now we come to a problem.  I have mislaid the decal sheet.  :wall:    The 7 RTR insignia will be easy to replace.  I don't have anything that will suit the vehicle turret insignia.  However, I will likely just leave that off and complete the model without them.  The decal sheet is bound to turn up the second I finish the model and so it will be an easy matter to apply them later. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I don't have anything that will suit the vehicle turret insignia.

Hi Enzo,

I have them spare from my kit. Happy to send them to you where ever you may be if it suits and if the timing works. By the way, this is punishment for making the tracks look too easy. 😜

Ray 

• 4 weeks later...

After that it was just a case of adding details (of which there were a lot), weathering and adding enough stowage to sink a battleship. Big ship!

And we're done!  :thumbsup:  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ray_W said:

They're a great kit - you certainly get your money's worth.

I would certainly recommend it.  However, bear in mind that the kit version with a full (and I mean full) interior is only 12 quid more.