Eduard Su-27 Flanker RIAT17 Digital Camouflage

2 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Fantastic mind bending work painting with those masks.

I've got some of their masks for the Ukraine Su-24's and it looks like a confusing tricky business masking each colour layer. 

Just can't get my head around it at the moment!

Martin

It is some sort of rocket science indeed! There is only one right order to apply the different masks.
The good thing of Begemots masks is that you can use the remains of the sheets to correct your mistakes. 

12 hours ago, the MDman said:

It is some sort of rocket science indeed! There is only one right order to apply the different masks.
The good thing of Begemots masks is that you can use the remains of the sheets to correct your mistakes. 

So I can keep on re-useing the masks without them stretching? With the grey digital Fencer, there's layers of colour so I would need to re-apply parts of the mask at different stages. Shame they don't make the masks seperate for each colour. I assume that they are quite sticky so that they can be re-applied but hope not too sticky that they remove previous colours.

Martin

3 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

So I can keep on re-useing the masks without them stretching? With the grey digital Fencer, there's layers of colour so I would need to re-apply parts of the mask at different stages. Shame they don't make the masks seperate for each colour. I assume that they are quite sticky so that they can be re-applied but hope not too sticky that they remove previous colours.

Martin

Using the same mask twice isn't really an option. Removing them from the model wil almost certainly rip them apart because of all the 90 degree edges. Although you can make them less sticky by sticking them on the back of your hand a few time, which is advisable. The stick really well.

What I ment is that you can use the remains of the masks, the outside so to say, from the sheets as some sort of counter mask to touch up specific parts.

3 hours ago, the MDman said:

Using the same mask twice isn't really an option. Removing them from the model wil almost certainly rip them apart because of all the 90 degree edges. Although you can make them less sticky by sticking them on the back of your hand a few time, which is advisable. The stick really well.

What I ment is that you can use the remains of the masks, the outside so to say, from the sheets as some sort of counter mask to touch up specific parts.

The way the Begemot Su-24 digital mask is designed, the only way you could do each colour is using them more than once.

I've built the Trumpeter model, but waiting until I'm of sound mind to start painting! 😆

Just in case I chicken out of masking all the digital layers I've got a decal sheet to fall back on! 🤣 🐔

• Like 1