Eduard Su-27 Flanker RIAT17 Digital Camouflage

In 2017 the Flanker returned to RIAT. With 58 Blue the Ukrainians gave the spectators an absolutely amazing display of this legend from the Cold War.
The kit is the Eduard Su-27B Flanker Limited Edition, with a load of extra resin. The digital camouflage was applied with use of the Begemot masks. Not an easy thing to do and with lots of touch-ups. The build started late 2017, so it took me about 2,5 years to finish this beast.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by the MDman
extra pictures added
  • Like 48
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Absolutely incredible paint work! You have some patience for that one. Stunning... just stunning 👍

Well said and I totally agree!

• Thanks 2

Fantastic 😎.  I love the Ukrainian schemes, but they’re not a scheme I would ever contemplate Replicating. Hats off to you for taking on such an incredible task and to such a impressive standard. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kapam said:

I also love the pilot's helmet (I think that's what it is) sitting on the canopy sill.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yes, it's a helmet. It comes with the Eduard kit as a resin part. I love that kind of little details 🤓

Fantastic mind bending work painting with those masks.

I've got some of their masks for the Ukraine Su-24's and it looks like a confusing tricky business masking each colour layer. 

Just can't get my head around it at the moment!

Martin