1942, Sidi Haneish Airfield **Finished**

Im going to stop for the day, as I've nearly finished the first jeep in just over an hour at the bench. As you can see typical Tamiya goes together with no problems.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Wow, this is like a one man GB starting with a Blitzbuild to warm up... Looking forward to this!

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian,

i had to tell myself to stop this afternoon, otherwise I would have had the other one built. There does look a fair bit to do, I won't build all the figures as the jeeps were either crewed by 3 or 4 men. I'm looking forward to starting the Ju 87, as I get to do 2 different paint schemes. 

• Like 1

A picture paints a thousand words, below is the rough outline of my build the cutting mat is 45x 30cm so 10cm shorter than the actual base. The second jeep is one I made a few years ago, not one I knocked up today 😀. I'm pleased that it all fits and I've got plenty of space for barrels and bombs and SAS men running around planting charges.

image.jpg

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Great work Ozzy I like the plan

Thanks Valkyrie,

ive just got to work out the lighting plan, I picked up some plywood on Sunday to cut for the sides and lid for the project.

• Like 1

You're not a TV/Film set designer on the side are you Ozzy?

I remember a trip to Belfast, my dad in the RAF being based at Bishopscourt, in 1972 I think, and looked in to a model shop, the SAS jeep must have just come out and I didn't have enough to buy it but his mate gave me the extra 50p or something to get it. Great little kit.

:goodjob:

Davey

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

You're not a TV/Film set designer on the side are you Ozzy?

I remember a trip to Belfast, my dad in the RAF being based at Bishopscourt, in 1972 I think, and looked in to a model shop, the SAS jeep must have just come out and I didn't have enough to buy it but his mate gave me the extra 50p or something to get it. Great little kit.

:goodjob:

Davey

I’m not a film set designer 😁Davey, just had a bit to much time on my hands planning dioramas, I also believe this is my 5,000 post that we are sharing. The kit is fantastic definitely stood the test of time, I first picked one up a few years ago from a shop in the south of France. I built it as part of my local clubs blitz build.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

For some reason I thought you were cutting the Stukas in half the other way which seemed like a lot of work, this makes much more sense!

No worries Tim,

I did think of that option originally but opted for the 2 halves, hopefully  the canopy doesn’t crack when I cut it in half.

• Like 1

Done a bit of fettling this evening, the driver is finished and the Gunner is armless at the moment. The Commander will be running towards the aircraft with a bag full of explosives.

ive also been working out the lighting plan today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 11

I've been doing a bit on the bus build, I've got a couple of coats of paint on first was olive drab and then light stone both Vallejo air. Hopefully I will get the figures finished tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 10

I got  sidetracked over weekend and built the top deck of the bus, I also managed to finish off the figures.

url=https://postimg.cc/zHqJ9hXc]image.jpg[/url]

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Cracking job of the jeep. How do you manage to paint it when it's already assembled?

Thanks Tony,

ive got an airbrush set on a low pressure, I did the olive drab undercoat so I didn't miss any with the light stone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks Tony,

ive got an airbrush set on a low pressure, I did the olive drab undercoat so I didn't miss any with the light stone.

But how do you do the backs of the tyres and stuff? Isn't it awkward>

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

But how do you do the backs of the tyres and stuff? Isn't it awkward>

The tyres, I brushed painted with a 00 brush it was a little bit fiddley doing the rear ones. On the second one I think I will keep them off and paint separately.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks very dynamic! I love it when figures are doing something in a diorama, instead of sitting with their hands in their laps (like generations of Airfix pilots).

Regards,

Adrian

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian,

i do like adding figures and probably buy to many sets for the various arm and leg positions, I've got a few more figures to build for the second jeep and a few running around planting explosives. They seem a world away from the original Airfix figures pop'ed in as a young lad.

One down one to go. I finished off with a flory grime wash over layed with mig North Africa pigment. My club is doing a flash build next weekend so I may build the second one for that, 6 hours of modelling to finish a kit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, rob85 said:

That’s some cracking work Ozzy! Love the weathering, you have really brought this to life.

Rob

Thanks Rob,

im really pleased with the weathering, I just need to wire up the LEDs to the twin guns. The LEDs I have flash so they will look like their firing.

• Like 2

I've had a busy weekend, finished off the Miniart bus and took part in IPMS Salisburys flash mod. You get 6 hours to build and finish a kit, these are normally done in a hall but due to current rules we have been doing them virtually. I also found time to build a 1:1 scale chocolate cake.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It it seems the pictures aren't in order but hopefully you get the drift.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1