F-35A Lightning II

Hello (Again) Everybody, this is my F35A, another gift ( I had a good birthday this year  ) and this one was much closer to my normal taste. This was going to be a quick bash together and paint as a distraction from the intricacies of the Arado. I tried everywhere I knew to obtain paint masks for the RAM panels but to know avail. I decided that painting them without masks was beyond my patience and skill levels, so I have completed this one as 'representative' as an operational version. My apologies to the purists out there.

Built straight out of the box and painted with Tamiya acrylics.

As usual all comments and criticisms are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 16

10 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Your model looks fine just as it is. Did you make the stand? It looks nice.

Thank you, I like to display my aircraft flying so yes I do make the stands myself. Just a piece of MSG and some 2mms brass rod.

10 hours ago, Graeme H said:

They always look better in flight, kinda ugly on the ground, nice job, if I had one criticism it would be the inside of the Exhaust should be a whitish colour, I think they are ceramic lined 

I agree with you they look sort of gangly on the ground if that makes sense. As for the jet exhaust I always paint the inside of them a very light biege, which I think captures the actual colour, unfortunately the picture wasn't taken in very good light so you can't see it, but thank you for your comment.