Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Everybody, this is my Arado 196B bought for me as a gift, not the subject matter I would have chosen and certainly not the normal scale I build. But I have to say it was a thoroughly enjoyable build and went together like a dream. The only difficulty I had was with the glazing, made a complete mess of the sliding canopy, that was purely down to my own inexperience and lack of skill, I now know how I would have done it differently.

Built straight out of the box the only addition being some E-Z line for the rigging and painted entirely with Tamiya acrylics.

As I said not my normal preferred scale but I have now been converted.

As usual all comments and criticisms are welcome.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Thanks for looking.

 

 

  • Like 21
Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks fantastic.

 

Genuine question: is a you-know-what absent from the tailfin? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

That looks fantastic.

 

Genuine question: is a you-know-what absent from the tailfin? 

Revell are a German company so I imagine so. 

 

Absolutely stunning build mate. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TonyOD said:

That looks fantastic.

 

Genuine question: is a you-know-what absent from the tailfin? 

Thank you, as Lewis95 states the emblem is not included in the kit, but to be honest I've never seen any maker include. I am toying with the idea of printing my own decals in which case the few German aircraft I have will gain them.

13 hours ago, Lewis95 said:

Revell are a German company so I imagine so. 

 

Absolutely stunning build mate. 

 

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

I echo what's been said above... absolutely stunning! The rigging especially is superb...you've got more patience than myself! Thanks for sharing. 👍

Thank you. First time I've done rigging, it was frustrating until somebody on here suggested buying gel superglue and a setting aerosol spray.

7 hours ago, Luiz said:

Great build!...the rigging looks superb!

 

Luiz.

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Telboy3510 said:

I am toying with the idea of printing my own decals in which case the few German aircraft I have will gain them

I have a sheet of them left from when I occasionally used to build German planes. 1/72 but all sizes from fighters to bombers so I’m sure there’s something there that will fit. You’re welcome to it if you want it.

 

spacer.png

Edited by TonyOD
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TonyOD said:

I have a sheet of them left from when I occasionally used to build German planes. 1/72 but all sizes from fighters to bombers so I’m sure there’s something there that will fit. You’re welcome to it if you want it.

 

spacer.png

Thanks Tony that would be great I'll PM you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...