Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting forces.

Hi Folk's,built for the Vietnam GB for me it had to be a Huey,the dustoff choppers were stuff of legend saving countless lives during the conflict.HB's kit

is a little beauty both option's in the box show some kind of filter on the front but photo's didn't seem to show this so I built it without,If HB got the scheme

right I would assume it's an early war machine.

20200829_163011 20200829_162920

20200829_162733

20200829_163423

20200829_163316

20200829_163238 20200829_163209 20200829_163139 20200829_163130

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Did a little research and found it's a 1/48 UH-1C. When I first glanced at the model I thought it was a UH-1B, but then I know little about helicopters. What I do know is your model looks great and I really like the colorful markings and the clean finish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

Did a little research and found it's a 1/48 UH-1C. When I first glanced at the model I thought it was a UH-1B, but then I know little about helicopters. What I do know is your model looks great and I really like the colorful markings and the clean finish.

Hi Sat thank's for the info by the way I should have mentioned this is their I/72 offering though the 1/48 kit is on the wanted list.

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Hi Sat thank's for the info by the way I should have mentioned this is their I/72 offering though the 1/48 kit is on the wanted list.

In my mind that makes your model just that much more special. My old fingers don't do 1/72 scale well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice one Steve. I'm seeing images of "Tour of Duty", with "Paint it Black" playing in the background.

John.

Two week's of singing Doors and Credence song's for me John!

• Haha 3

Hi Steve,

great Huey, and it scrubs up very well. Congrats!

Credence is good, very good! Congrats on your taste too!!!

JR

Hi Steve, 

A nice Huey, clean build too. The Medevac version is the most characteristic for Vietnam War to me. Have same in my plans as well. 

3 hours ago, Bill.B said:

Very nicely done, and I especially like the prototypical rotor droop.

As I built my Huey Cobra I actually learnt that the rotor drop was much less pronounced for this type of two-blade rotor compared to many other helicopter types. The blades were very thick so did not bend too much. Interesting to know if this is the way HB molded them?

• Like 1