Revell 1:25 scale '55 Chevy Indy Pace Car

Hi Everyone.

It has been a while but I am still plodding along with my kit building when I can. Those who know of me will know that I usually like to add lighting to my builds but as there isn't any kits that take my fancy at present I am building some kits without lighting. 
This is my latest project, the 1:25 scale Revell '55 Chevy Indy Pace Car. I'm not really into highly polished showroom cars but one thing that always gets our attention is all of the chrome parts that these kits usually have and this is one of those kits. I believe that it must be an old moulding or something as one of the most annoying things is the way the chrome parts are fixed to the sprue. Nearly all of the chrome parts are fixed where cutting them from the sprue means you have that underneath plastic colour showing through. I think the more modern kits tend to fix the parts to area's that will not be seen.
Overall, this was not a bad build as there was minimal flashing and all of the parts fitted together ok without the need for much filling. There is a lot of nice detail on the engine but I dded ignition and battery leads as well some extra hoses not included in the kit. It is nice that the bonnet lifts up to show the engine though. The only problem that I had was when I stuck my finger to the windscreen using superglue. Somehow I managed to polish it out and I may have got away with it.
So I hope you enjoy viewing my post as much as I enjoy viewing some of the amazing builds shown in the forums.
More pictures can be found HERE as well as a video HERE

Thanks for viewing.

Chevy55_01

Chevy55_02 Chevy55_03 Chevy55_04 Chevy55_05

Chevy55_06

Chevy55_11

Chevy55_13

Chevy55_14

Chevy55_17

Chevy55_20

Chevy41

Chevy55_23

• Like 8

Nice work, that two-tone paint doesn't look easy to do and neither do the decals.  You definitely got away with fixing the windscreen.  What's going on with the headlamps? They look a bit odd, I guess they are moulded as one piece and not a separate lens and bowl?

3 hours ago, johnlambert said:

Nice work, that two-tone paint doesn't look easy to do and neither do the decals.  You definitely got away with fixing the windscreen.  What's going on with the headlamps? They look a bit odd, I guess they are moulded as one piece and not a separate lens and bowl?

Thanks, John. The main thing about the two tone paint was that I gave it a good 24 hours to harden before doing any masking. It was quite easy doing the body colours as the joins between colours was hidden by the chrome strip but the seats were harder so I spent a lot of time making sure the masking tape was perfectly situated. 
As for the headlights, yep, I don't know what happened to them either. Usually I paint the inside of the lens and it comes out ok but with these (they were separate pieces) the clear plastic lens was quite thick and didn't have much depth inside. I think that is why they turned out like they did.

• Thanks 1