RNlAF F-16B J-066 "Orange Jumper"

This is the third F-16 that I've finished this year and the second that needed my own KUTA!  If you are interested in the other two, here are the links US Navy Aggressor and RNoAF.

The Orange Jumper was started over five years ago in the early days of my return to aircraft modelling.  Back then I didn't appreciate the complexity of F-16 Blocks and so technically this model is incorrect as it should be an MLU version of the "B" - most obviously it is missing the "bird cutters" in front of the cockpit.  Built from a Hasegawa kit with Eduard etch, Daco decals (which included the strengthening plates and a small sprue for the centreline Orpheus pod) and an Aires exhaust - paint is mostly from Gunze, with Alclad for the exhaust.  The weapons are from various kits and include three modified missiles to represent sensor pods and homemade cameras on the rear fuselage. A special thanks to @Corsairfoxfouruncle for sending me a spare canopy to replace the original which crazed badly during polishing.

For those of you who are not familiar with this aircraft, it was used to test various electronic systems and the extra wiring for such was done using orange jumper cables - hence the nickname.

Anyway, enough background and here are some photos

20200829_110004

20200829_105734

20200829_110230

20200829_105051

20200829_105145

20200829_105013

20200829_110425

20200829_105223

As you can see, the Crew Chief has had everyone working hard to produce a clean looking aircraft ready for an Open day and has also ordered an untypical loadout just for show!

Mike

• Like 12

Hello Mike... Happy to see everything worked out in the end. Funny thing though, I was just wondering on Friday what happened with this and if everything went well. Now I can see that its a great result and great looking Falcon. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1