Revell ex Matchbox 1/72 Sturmgeshcutz IV

Natter

This is Revell's reissue of Matchbox's rather inaccurate Stug IV.  It will be out of the box apart from the resin cast of one piece of the multi-piece track as this was missing from the kit.

50280635288_42cabbe8b5_c.jpg

Herer we go then...

• Like 4

The kit is really designed to have the hatches open, not something I want if there's no crew.  The Loader's hatch is in two pieces and didn't sit properly so I superglued a piece across the underside prior to fitting it.

50281550748_1a87805a13_c.jpg

The hull, with its notoriously inaccurate low profile went together quite quickly, but I had to spend a fair bit of time trying the trick of assembling the link and length tracks on a piece of tape, with the hope I can wrap them around the running gear later.  I struggled with my Jagdpanther a ways back, so we shall see.  Here is where I am up to, while I break for a pot snack.  As an old mate of mine once said of the pot snacks - 'All the food groups: simulated'.

50282231871_d7efd2ef02_c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sorry, I forgot the clock - it was taken at 1730hrs.

The schurzen plates have been separated by scribing and then cutting between them with a razor saw.  Everythng is primed with the exception of the outer face of the tracks.

Colour painting next.

50282651966_07406df55f_c.jpg

• Like 4

That's my first 12hr session over and done with.  Freehand 1/72 camo?  More practice required, but I am in to it now so I won't be doing any rework; this is it.  There's a little more green to do then on to the red-brown.

Good night for now, and good luck to all fellow Blitzbuilders.

50282911638_7157468988_c.jpg

• Like 4

Some on this Forum may remember the expression 'I left you in this position'.  Picking up from yesterday evening, here we go with today's session.

50285420712_933906fc86_c.jpg

• Like 3

Progress by lunchtime.  Second camo colour done.  I had real trouble trying to get the paint mix right for the freehand camo, but after much cursing (apologies to the Puritans) I finally got there.

50285151808_27f7520a2e_c.jpg

Lunch - microwave kippers.  Taste, nine out of ten.  Presentation, nil.

50285828066_e61251c0ba_c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well they're on, but I still hate link and length track.  I managed to break the Notek light in the fight to get the trackes on, so I will have to refix that.

Pin wash done, tracks to be painted, a few decals to add along with final assembly, then a wash, matt coat and call it done.

Wine?  Well...... it's almost five o'clock.

50286576896_493121eb34_c.jpg

• Like 5

Two hours to go.  It's all about the weathering now.  Dry brush of some earth tones and pigments done, along with a green filter.  Decals on, and I stuffed one of the '121' schurzen decals; hey ho.

50287462647_36ab1470f4_c.jpg

• Like 3

Now that was close!  I got carried away and decided to paint the stowage I have had for ages.  It's a white metal casting that I got as one of a pair, I think I used the other one on the Airfix 'Assault Gun' I made a long while back.  That took up most of the last hour, but 'tis all done.  I haven't put the pieces of track across the front of the hull as there are no mounting bars, and I just don't have the time to scratch build them.

50287937802_f922630493_c.jpg

50287111558_affdd01d0e_c.jpg

• Like 5

I didn't mention it in my last post, but a big thank you to Enzo for hosting the Blitzbuid.  Great fun, and another stash-lurker is now on the shelf.