A South African Pony.******Finished********

stevej60

Morning folk's well here goes for my long awaited crack at a 1/48 Blitzbuild,Enzo gave the thumbs up for the slight head start as the cockpit was painted

thinking about it these aircraft were original P51's rather than the later US version so I left it in green.So 8 o'clock and here's the parts.

20200829_080439

This will be an hour session so here's progress.

20200829_084529

Beautiful fit not a jot of filler needed I've just painted the wheels and prop while I let the rest dry,I was perusing images etc of these SAAF Mustang's and a lot

of folk seem to point to the fact these aircraft were painted in a kind of metalic gray there's a preserved aircraft on the circuit that is to so time to mix some

paint.One hour done.

20200829_085319

• Like 9

Afternoon folk's second and last session for today,got back home for half two and a quick two coat spray of primer then a little filler in the wing/fuselage

joint before the top coat.

20200829_144732

Mixed Tamiya titanium silver with gray and two coats applied.

20200829_155702

And last job the anti-glare black I would say in all in all good progress for day one so see you tomorrow!

20200829_165024

• Like 5

Evening folk's I was up in the loft working on a couple of things so I gave her a gloss coat and just before calling it a night popped a few decal's on.

20200829_201858

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks immaculate! Which kit is it?

Regards,

Adrian

Thank's Adrian it's the 1/48 easy kit bit simplified but cheap if you like a quick build.

Morning all a 10 till 11 session this morning and an expected problem.Hobbyboss mold the leg's the wrong way round so that the V strut is at the front,

the only way to cure the problem is to bend the pin forward and swap sides which weakens the leg and can end up snapping of which mine did so out

with the superglue and leave to dry for a few hour's I'm well ahead only a few stencils to add and the canopy to fit after a matt coat.

20200830_110803

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Very nice! Time for another then ?

:wicked:

Adrian

Sadly no Adrian,had I not been at work tomorrow I might have had a go though!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Anthony Kesterton said:

Nicely done! Are the decals part of the kit?

Many thank's Anthony yes kit decals SAAF and USAF Korean war boxing

• Like 1